Thread: Do you like the game Risk? Do you like making maps?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Do you like the game Risk? Do you like making maps?

Hello everyone.

I myself an a fellow cartographer. I use CS3 and enjoy spending time producing digital artwork. I stumbled upon this website while looking for techniques and other cartographers methods while making my own maps for www.conquerclub.com

It is a turn based strategy online game based off of the game Risk. The cool part about this site is that there is a portion of the forum dedicated to new map production.

I understand that some of the contest/designs here are different from what I have made, but I am sure the abilities and ideas of the members here would be more that able to produce some very interesting maps.

If you are interested you can go here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Here is the basic idea on how maps are made at Conquer Club
    1. Come up with a map idea
    2. Submit a draft for the community to analyze (both graphical and gameplay)
    3. Tweak and modify your map until the foundry agrees the map is worthy of live play.
    4. Play your map online against over 20,000 active members.

There are over 70 maps on the site now and all but 3 have been made by the community.

Here are the maps I have made. They range from pure geographical maps to abstract board games style.

I want to make this clear, I am not trying to sell anything. The site is free and the game is free. I just thought that this might be another creative outlet for some of the artists in this forum.

Hope to see some of you there.

If you do join, send me a PM. My id is WidowMakers

Have a great day

I want to make this clear, I am not trying to sell anything. The site is free and the game is free. I just thought that this might be another creative outlet for some of the artists in this forum.

Hope to see some of you there.

If you do join, send me a PM. My id is WidowMakers

Have a great day
    Last edited by WidowMakers; 03-30-2008 at 11:49 PM.