Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bryce 7 Pro is Free

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I picked up the bundle...just to have, mostly, but might use, if I can ever return to serious mapping....Glad I got it, cause it saved me some money.

You are right about being tempted by the other products in the store.....that fantasy bundle for the DS looks soooo nice.......

And here is some rep heading Moutarde's way for posting it
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I also picked it up as I have always wanted to learn some of this stuff. I never had the funds to do it so now it comes down to a matter of time and drive to dig into it.

We'll see but thanks for the heads up as well!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I'm looking at it from the perspective of now's the chance to see how it is at creating 3d maps out of ones I've already made

*looks at The Isles and starts pondering*

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

one thing that bugs me about this is that when you click through any of the "tutorials " links you end up at the splash page to download the bundle... Youtube here I come......

For those who have yet to look at this...you get Bryce - a 3D landscape renderer, DAZstudio which is a 3D character renderer, and Hexagon which is a 3D object renderer...and all for the whopping price of 00,000.00 dollars, or lira or even pesos but not for long....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I never in a million years would have even considered purchasing any of this software, too far out of my league and not worth the money. But with the core software fee, I have afeeling I will be reaching into my wallet more often then not in that store getting little tid-bits here and there to create some fun things.

This sale is nothing short of utter genius.

Also, for those of you wondering, the only thing I needed to provide to get the serials was my email address. It has places to enter billing info, but I just skipped over that and before I knew it I had the serial codes waiting in my inbox. No risk at all. (Unless you guard your email that closely.)

Now... to finally get around to partitioning this hard drive of mine and installing windows 7 next to my current linux operating system so I can run these guys.

I have 5.5 and 6 and its cracking software indeed. Really good stuff.

DAZ and their software is definitely legit. I own many of their products and have for years, but I hadn't kept Bryce updated as I never really used it much, though it looked fun. That said, I downloaded the 3 freebies last night and neglected to read the sys requirements. Bryce won't run if you have OSX Lion installed on a mac, which was my case, so it won't be running any time soon for me. I hope the rest of you have fun with it though.

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

All right, I bit, but it just means more to learn. Sigh...

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

Wow. Just got them downloaded and installed. Those are some powerful programs! Hell, I have enough trouble with Word! They'll be fun to play with, though.

It seems just a little bit absurd to me that a point release of the OS breaks software. I understand that there are quite a few programs that ran under 10.6 that don't under 10.7.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast