Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bryce 7 Pro is Free

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    It seems just a little bit absurd to me that a point release of the OS breaks software. I understand that there are quite a few programs that ran under 10.6 that don't under 10.7.
    Well, OS X point releases are the same as other folks full releases. The biggest reason things stopped working was that Lion stopped supporting Rosetta, so old programs that were written for Power PC would not run. That doesn't seem to be the problem with Bryce, but I don't know what the problem was... whether they were depending on some unspecified behavior that changed in 10.7 or whether they hit a Lion bug.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

Is it possible to download and then keep it to install later? Right now my PC lacks a new PSU and graphics card, so I don't want to overload my system.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

When you download, it also sends you a serial number. so yes, you could download and keep for later - what i would do (as I do with most of myt archived progs with serials) is burn the install to disk along with a text file that includes the serial (or if you have a big enough backup drive just make a folder and put in the install with the text file).

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Novice

Today is free?

Guild Member

Maybe it's a moot question, but ... has anyone tried these on Linux, with Wine? Because my only Windows installation is in a VM, and I'm not sure it would be too suitable to run this kind of software.

I honestly don't have a clue how to use these, but I'll explore, I guess.

That is certainly a damned good deal. I've been wanting to get into 3D modeling for some time, and getting a program without pirating it takes a load off my mind. Thanks a bunch for sharing!

silverhead: I have a mac, not a Linux system, so take this with a grain of salt: from what I've read online, Bryce Pro 7 seems to run fine with a VM in most cases - using VM Fusion, Parallels, etc. It is not behaving with Wine on my mac, though, which is a bummer. (The interface with Bryce seems much more straightforward and intuitive to me than that of Blender or Terragen, so I'd prefer to work in Bryce. But absent that I'm just going to watch a ton of blender tutorial videos and hope I can manage until they get Bryce to behave.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123