Thread: greetings, guildmen

Default greetings, guildmen

stumbled on this most excellent site by accident, but, man, does it look cool. i am absolutely blown away by the work here. i have a deep and abiding passion for maps and have for years generated maps of places that don't exist. as a dm and fantasy writer, i get to indulge these interests with some frequency.
    i don't even know where to start... i don't know anything about mapping software. i've only ever used colored pencils and graph paper.

currently, i am working on mapping the southern region of a vast continent on raetia (the world i have been building for the last few years). when i have something worth sharing i will scan it and start up a wip thread. until then, i am glad to be in the company of such talented people! thanks!

Welcome to the guild!

Myself, I can barely draw a stick figure, so I'm looking forward to seeing your work. As for software, most folks around here seem to use GIMP, Photoshop and Campaign Cartographer from what I've seen. I think you'll find most people here friendly and helpful, and there's all kinds of great 'how to' type tutorials on the boards as well.

-Lail
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.