Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2012 Entry: Dungeon Clue

Lol Clue Dungeon...what room wasn't a murder committed in?

LOL! Engris is right. That makes it even more awesome.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Your portal room is pretty good. The bedroom idea isn't too bad either, just expand it from a bedroom to a Barracks. You can have multiple beds, trunks, some weapons racks. Instant Winner!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I like the barracks idea. I also think a mausoleum would make more sense than an indoor graveyard, but hey, we also have an indoor garden with a gazebo so why not ;P

I *love* this map. I'm considering printing out for my own gaming night purposes (as a Clue board..)

One comment - the graveyard room seems to have a line of partial squares along the top wall. was that intentional?

(i was looking at clue boards online, there's a d&d board done by someone, but i don't think it's anywhere near as useable as this)
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 02-10-2012 at 01:38 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Oh, very well done Nighthawk! A beautiful map ... and completely professional. Board game manufacturers should hire you!

I'd only suggest the fireplace in the tavern doesn't fit completely ... and I'd love to see the adventure

I've played in a couple of games of a Cthulhu-themed "Cluthulhu" reskinned Clue on RealRoleplaying. You can see the board (and cards) here. This digital version was a conversion of an actual physical set. I'm sure there are other similar examples out there. Wikipedia reveals that while no game can claim to be milked for pointless variants as much as Monopoly, there have been a lot of commercial Clue(do) variants.

This version is looking pretty good, but I think maybe it could do with some blood stains and maybe slime scattered about the place.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Nighthawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    One comment - the graveyard room seems to have a line of partial squares along the top wall. was that intentional?
    Yes, it was. Rooms were made to be precisely the same dimensions as the original board game.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I was just wondering because I didn`t recall any of the rooms being offsized, and a search through google looking at (what i remember as original) board layouts don`t seem to have the offset.

Maybe it`s because of the lack of false perspective in this version..

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

This looks great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12