Thread: February 2012 Entry: Dungeon Clue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Nighthawk's Avatar

Wip February 2012 Entry: Dungeon Clue

FIRST!!!

A week ago I decided I was going to participate this month. I was hoping for something I'm somewhat familiar with, like a tactical map of some sort, so I was kind of taken aback by the challenge.

So I figured I'd give it a go and create my version of a board game that has, to some degree, a bit of a tactical aspect of it and I may actually be able to do it.

Anyway, since I'm not one to sit around and wait for someone else to take my idea, I started with the base map. So I present you the beginning of "Dungeon Clue", based on the Parker Brothers game "Clue" (or "Cluedo" for those of you on the other side of the pond).

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DungeonClue_1.jpg 
Views:	2001 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	41845

Map is being designed entirely in Adobe Fireworks CS5, using clip art and textures from ProFantasy Campaign Cartographer 3.

Time permitting, I will try and put together a tutorial on this for my blog as well as this site.

Of course, I will make some changes. For example, I can't imagine many dungeons have a "Billiard Room" so I'll put something more appropriate there. I still have not decided on the full set of rooms. In the meantime, you're more than welcome to make your own suggestions...
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 02-03-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Changing post tag to "WIP"