Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battlemap Commission - Traditional Fantasy Setting

Rigg,

I appreciate your willingness to even consider my mad scientist delusions of grandeur. You will happily know that I have come to my senses.

One of the following is fine –

18 by 24 at 600 dpi with gridlines every ˝ inch so that when I print at 200% they will be 1”

Or

36 by 48 at 300 dpi with gridlines every 1 inch

Either one works fine for me.

Do not put any type of scale indicator on the final map though as that will change depending on the size I print the maps.

Regards,

Raic

A scale bar scales with the map ... just FYI.
    Although having a grid makes a scale redundant.

Thanks for the feedback atpollard.

Based on your comments I assume you missed the part about the commission including two versions of the map – one with gridlines and one without. So in that light, requesting that no scale bar be added to the maps makes perfect sense because I was referring to the version that would not contain gridlines.

As to the size of the scale bar, yes I know that it scales with the changing print size of the map. However, that was not the issue I was speaking too in my previous post. What I was referring to by the size of the map that I print out is adding what I deem to be a scale bar of a size that works well with the overall proportions of the printed map. At 36 by 48 a scale bar only 1” inch long marked at 40’ distance can easily get lost on such a large print. I would like to play around with various length scale bars – 1 – 2 – 3 -4 inches in length etc…. until I find one that I like.

Happy mapping – Raic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12