Thread: February 2012 Entry: Diplomacy

Default February 2012 Entry: Diplomacy

Just figured I'd go with the first game I thought of. The others were Risk and Chess.

It'll be a chunk of work to get it finished on time. But, on the positive side, I opened up Fractal Terrains for the first time in months. I scrolled through random worlds until I found one with what looked like a decent subsection that could stand in for a pseudo-Europe. Right now it's going through processing, but I fortunately don't have to worry about the whole world, just the subsection.

I will post pictures a little further in to the process.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Nice. Can't wait to see some pics!

First output from the map, prior to any SFX and post-editing. This is the entire world. Fortunately, I don't care what the rest of the world looks like, so I don't have to try and justify those giant lakes in the middle of the continent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	527.7 KB 
ID:	41938

Here is the board, before any of the work is done to convert it into an actual board for the game.

Name:	Board_overall.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	553.4 KB 
ID:	41941
    Last edited by Master TMO; 02-05-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Too late this evening to do any work on the board game, so I thought I'd just play around and look at a few random worlds. I took the base settings from the world above and just moved a few of the sliders around semi-randomly. And this is what I got, the first time:

Name:	b1_world.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	42070

Not sure what it is about the world that looks interesting to me. Maybe I'm just tired, but it somehow looks a bit more like a plausible world. Yyeahhh... I'm probably just tired.

------

I think it turned out well. Thanks for the pics so soon. Can't wait to see more.

Should be working on my own entry...

Ugh. I managed to distract myself with the other script and totally forgot I had entered this challenge. *headdesk* I have GOT to stop entering challenges on whims!! I think I've only actually finished one of the last 4 challenges I've entered. At least on the others I made some good progress before running out of time/energy. Here I did basically nothing.

Go ahead and withdraw me from this one, and sorry for flaking out again.

------