Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Dark Meeting....

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Calan Stonebridge had never been on a large boat before. Although he was uncomfortable and still very scared he found himself fascinated by his surroundings. It was dark and cold but it seemed as if the ship around him was a living breathing thing. It's hull creaked and moaned and rose and fell as it moved over the water. Cracks of light shone through into the holding cell bringing an occasional gust of fresh cold air. Calan Stonebridge knew he was headed for a fate of unknown horror but just for this moment he was enjoying himself....

Thanks for the tip Jacktannery. I had a "happy" accident while applying your suggestion. It is no secret that I like "dark and gloomy" I also like textures and contrast. During the saturation and hue adjustment pass I landed on this. It's not exactly what you had laid out for me but I have to admit I LOVE it. It's rough and dark and there is the splash of light that contrasts the darkness. I probably would have not found this without your help. Thanks SO much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cargo hold crew quarters.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	49907
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Calan Stonebridge was no longer enjoying himself. The ship had taken to rocking violently and he could hear the sound of rain and wind lashing the deck. Although the Fler river was wide and usually calm, he had heard stories of freak storms raging down river from the North and wreaking havoc on ship traffic. It seemed as though the Promise of Fire was in the grip of one of those storms. He heard the sounds of retching and saw the large silent man and the woman both vomiting. He himself felt only slightly nauseous and was briefly proud of that. He braced himself as best he could against the movement of the ship and prayed that they ship was stout and could ride out the storm....

I think I'm done with this. I have a tendency to "dawdle" over a map and fuss with it for too long. I like the way this turned out. It conveys the "feeling" that I had in my head when I was thinking about the next chapter in Calan's adventure. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Name:	Crew quarters and cargo hold final.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	49913
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Nice work JT, and I like the new avatar, very stylish / classy!

Agree - very nice and love the lighting now. The only thing I don't like are the rectangular things along the side of the boat - the reason I don't like these is their colour: the sickly greeny-yellow of snot. Love the new avatar too - maybe I'll adopt the same one and we can confuse everybody.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Nice work JT, and I like the new avatar, very stylish / classy!
    Thanks Bogie. The new avatar was a long time coming. I kind of feel like I "graduated" or something (or at the very least grew up... )

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Agree - very nice and love the lighting now. The only thing I don't like are the rectangular things along the side of the boat - the reason I don't like these is their colour: the sickly greeny-yellow of snot. Love the new avatar too - maybe I'll adopt the same one and we can confuse everybody.
    Thanks !! I think the hammocks came out pretty badly too. I've been looking at this (It's my desktop wallpaper) and I just can't seem to make decent hammocks. The color was an attempt to show a "well used" hammock fabric but your right it just doesn't look very good. I think I'll have a go a fixing that and a couple of other little issues before I call this "completed". As for the avatar thanks and that would be pretty funny but you don't want your excellent work mistaken for mine...

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Here is (I think ) the "completed" version of the Promise of Fire smuggling ship cargo hold and crew quarters. I removed the awful hammocks and replaced them with these very good ones from r-kelleg at Dundjinni. I also expanded on the storm theme I started in the story blurb by adding some items bobbing in the water. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Object Credits
    Hammocks: r-kelleg Dundjinni

Name:	Crew quarters and cargo hold final.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	49939

Finished Maps

Ooh, looks dark and foreboding... I like it!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Thanks Guys !!

Finished Maps

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011