Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Meeting....

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    really nice...especially like how you created an ever so subtle transparency of the thatched roof of the shack.
    Thanks for the kind words and the feedback
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Excellent final map. blending the road and grass textures helped a lot and I like how you used a transparent thatch roof.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Excellent final map. blending the road and grass textures helped a lot and I like how you used a transparent thatch roof.
    Thanks so much
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I also like this. The composition is very pleasing, the colouring is superb, the thatched effect is very well done. The foliage is magnificent.

However I feel the horses are too sharp (perhaps ran a gaussian blur 2 or 5 pixels on them to break up that black outline) and I don't like your grid much. But overall this is a fitting finale to a great series, and a good map to finish Calan's story on. Good job jtougas.

(EDIT: also your water texture looks over-stretched to me, but now I'm just nit-picking.)

That turned out really nicely JT, looks like a polished battle map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    I also like this. The composition is very pleasing, the colouring is superb, the thatched effect is very well done. The foliage is magnificent.

However I feel the horses are too sharp (perhaps ran a gaussian blur 2 or 5 pixels on them to break up that black outline) and I don't like your grid much. But overall this is a fitting finale to a great series, and a good map to finish Calan's story on. Good job jtougas.

(EDIT: also your water texture looks over-stretched to me, but now I'm just nit-picking.)
    Because I admire your work so much and respect your opinion and advice, I decided to make the changes you suggested. I lowered the opacity of the grid but because I have placed a grid on all the other maps I have to stay consistent. I appreciate your comments and your feedback Oh and The Adventure is far from over.....

Attachment 48665

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    That turned out really nicely JT, looks like a polished battle map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks my friend

Finished Maps

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    ... I decided to make the changes you suggested. ... Oh and The Adventure is far from over.....
    Well, I think the horses are too blurry now and on second thoughts I preferred your earlier water. But I do prefer this grid. And I'm glad to hear Calan continues - I don't know where I got that idea.

Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    Well, I think the horses are too blurry now and on second thoughts I preferred your earlier water. But I do prefer this grid. And I'm glad to hear Calan continues - I don't know where I got that idea.
    Just when you think it's done.... You were right about the horses I sharpened them up a bit. I'll split the difference with you on the water as I think I really like this version. Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northrun river encounter.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	48668
    Last edited by jtougas; 10-01-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: wrong image

Finished Maps

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast