Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Dark Meeting....

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
    It looks great!
    Thanks. And thanks to everyone for all the feedback. Here is the "completed" version. This was a lot of fun and I learned a lot and got to create some more elements. As always feedback is requested and appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	promise of firefinal.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	49672
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Left side text issues: "The" on the first line and "To" on the second line should not be capitalized. There is no closing quote mark around the ship's name. A ship's name should not be in quotation marks, however, but rather in italics (or underlined should italics not be available). On the fourth line, there should be no apostrophe in "its", but there should be a comma before "however".

Right side text issue: You again have an opening quotation mark with no closing quotation mark.

The ship itself is pretty nice. Possibly a bit sparse, perhaps, but to be functional, it is better to underdetail than overdetail the map.

Blog Entries

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Left side text issues: "The" on the first line and "To" on the second line should not be capitalized. There is no closing quote mark around the ship's name. A ship's name should not be in quotation marks, however, but rather in italics (or underlined should italics not be available). On the fourth line, there should be no apostrophe in "its", but there should be a comma before "however".

Right side text issue: You again have an opening quotation mark with no closing quotation mark.

The ship itself is pretty nice. Possibly a bit sparse, perhaps, but to be functional, it is better to underdetail than overdetail the map.
    Ah, the perils of punctuation.... I rushed through that and I didn't take the time to proofread what I had written. Thanks for the corrections. I fixed my wonky text and now I think she's "completed" *EDIT* wow... It's amazing how you can look at something for HOURS and not see what it wrong. I had placed the grid over the water layer (fine if your players are planning on walking on it....) I fixed that and updated the image. *EDIT* I realized that I hadn't shown any "air vents" obviously a ship this big would have at least two decks below the main one and they would need ventilation. The image has been updated

Object Credits: Crates: Greytale Greytales Nook
    Barrels: r-kelleg Dundjinni

Name:	promise of firefinal.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	49736
    Last edited by jtougas; 11-08-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Updated Image
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Merlan Seascar sat at his large oak desk scribbling numbers into a ledger. He kept track of every single piece of cargo that came aboard the Promise of Fire.He was very glad to be back aboard and was anxious to be off. The river currents were favorable and the winds were blowing in the right direction for the moment. He had hired a team of horses to pull the Promise from the dock where he would turn her in the middle of the river by dropping anchor behind the ship and making sail to turn the ship on her center There was a knock on the door of his office he looked up to see one of his crew with the human cargo in tow. He stood and straightened his tunic. "Listen to me for I will only say this once. You are aboard my vessel now. I will brook no disobedience nor attempts to escape. Your owner would be very cross with me if I let you all run away." He could see the young boy that Menna had called Stonebridge strain at his bonds. He chuckled as he pulled the boys face up to make eye contact. "Good spirit for a boy. If I were you I would save my strength you will need it." With that he gestured to the crew member to lead the slaves away. He would have to keep an eye on the Stonebridge boy he thought to himself. That one had a bit too much fight in him.....

The adventure continues aboard the smuggling ship The Promise of Fire. This map will depict the captains quarters of the Promise. One half of the area will serve as Merlan Seascar's office and the other half his personal cabin. Seascar is a man of some wealth and little taste liking anything that makes him look rich. As you can see the floor in his cabin is laid with planks of bamboo. Not native to Shendenflar and imported at great cost from the south. The box in the middle of the area is for the steering mechanism for the ship. The ship's wheel is directly above the captains suite I used a piece of chain from Sketchup to simulate the rudder chain passing through the suite. I am trying to make as many elements for this as I can. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Name:	Seascars Cabin.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	841.0 KB 
ID:	49758

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip

Merlan Seascar stood from behind his desk and stretched. He took a deep breath of fresh air from the open window. He would be glad to be off. This trip was becoming dull and Merlan Seascar despised dullness. He took a small sip of the brandy that sat on the map table along with a chart of the mouth of the Fler river. He knew he would have to navigate the tricky passage at the Southern terminus of the river before making port at the Riverhewn docks. He was not worried about being boarded. The dock was a busy place with ships arriving and leaving almost constantly. No one would pay any attention to the Promise of Fire and even if they did, Menna had assured him that her contacts in the docks would take care of any suspicions. He could hear his crew making the final preparations for departure on the deck above him. He couldn't help but smile at the prospect of smooth water and fair winds....

Last update for today. I've been working on lighting and details. I added the captains desk and a map table. I also added "windows" although I'm not 100% certain they look like I want them to. Any feedback on how to depict windows better would be appreciated as any general feedback would be.

Views:	123 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	49759

Finished Maps

looking good!

The wood for the shutters is to thick. 2 inches would be a good thickness but these are over a foot thick.

Blog Entries

Wip

Calan Stonebridge found himself sitting on the deck of the Promise of Fire chained as he had been to the other two captives. The large man had said nothing and had hardly moved. The woman had started crying and was sobbing softly next to him. He felt a pang of remorse for her. He was young but he knew what could happen to a pretty girl in a strange land. He was also scared for himself. He had no idea where that old hag Menna would send him. He doubted that he would stay in Shendenflar as the risk of being caught selling slaves was far too great. He would find himself in a far off land doing only the gods knew what. He would find his way back and avenge himself no matter what it took....

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    looking good! The wood for the shutters is to thick. 2 inches would be a good thickness but these are over a foot thick.
    Thanks Bogie. That's what I thought too. The windows are just too thick. I'll have to re work that idea. I added a few new pieces of furniture and am working on detailing the captains sleeping cabin now. I'm trying to make as many pieces as I can but because the captain is such a "dandy" (a ruthless dandy but a dandy none the less...) I know my skills aren't up to making the kind of fancy bed that he would sleep in so I used this one instead. It's very good. I am going to make a table for this room as well. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Object Credits
    Rug: Bogie Dundjinni
    Bed: supercaptain Dundjinni
    Captains Chair: Bogie Cartographer's Guild

Views:	312 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	49772
    Last edited by jtougas; 11-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Finished Maps

That bed Supercaptain made is great, it is way out of my league to.

I did work on some windows for you. I combined some shutters made by Heruca ( the owner of Battlegrounds VTT ) with some window special effects I made and came up with these windows:
    Here are 2 of them painted onto your ship walls.

Views:	124 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	49773

Name:  Window3-ShutterClosed_bg.png
Views: 1050
Size:  18.5 KBName:  Window3-ShutterOpen2_bg.png
Views: 547
Size:  23.9 KBName:  Window3-ShuttersOpen_bg.png
Views: 1060
Size:  26.6 KB

Blog Entries

Those are perfect Bogie !! I was going round and round trying to make something that looked decent. Thanks so much. Have some rep

Finished Maps

Glad you can use them, thanks for the rep!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast