Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Meeting....

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Dark Meeting....

Calan Stonebridge was very aware of the type of tavern the "Stabbed Soldier" was. Although he was only 13 years old, he had lived in Riverhewn long enough to know that the tavern was the meeting place for many of the cities seedier citizens. He hated living in the city. Especially in the area known as the "Common Ward" it was the poorest area of the city home to most of the working class. He and his mother had been forced to move here after the death of his father. Almon Stonebridge had fancied himself an "adventurer" and would disappear for months at a time in search of glory and fortune. Ultimately he found neither. Calan could remember the knock on the door of his parents farmhouse. The messenger had returned his fathers body. He had been found stabbed to death in the Docks area of RIverhewn. Calan had cried for hours while his mother and uncles buried his father. They had moved to Riverhewn a few weeks later. His job at the Stabbed Solider was a menial one. He mucked the run down stables and cleaned the run-down common room. He hated the job but it did afford him a opportunity to listen. This is what caused him to be hidden in the rafters of the one private room in the tavern. Below him three men huddled over a map and talked of a great fortune......

Whew.. it's been a LONG time since I've been here. I'm amazed and happy to see all the talent and that the legends and friends are still here. It's great to be back and mapping again. This map is very simple and not technically brilliant but like ALL my work evokes a feeling or a story. (or perhaps an adventure hook?) I think this will be a series of small encounter styled maps that follow the adventures of young Calan Stonebridge. I present "The Dark Meeting"....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dark meeting.jpeg 
Views:	243 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	41930  
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

He's looking down from the rafters on a hex map, isn't he? Now the seedy citizens will get out their dice and play God with dungeons and dragons, tsk tsk ...

I expect Calan will meet an untimely end, just as his father did. That's what comes of listening in on clandestine meetings.
    Great hook to add to your map

Nice encounter map and storyline. I like what you did with my table and benches, how did you get them to look hand drawn?

Hey, great to see you back again. I have been wondering what you got up to these days. Woohoo!

Plus, I feel like an assassin when I look at your image and I'm just waiting for my targets to settle down...
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Wip The Stables...

Calan Stonebridge climbed down from the rafters quietly. He had heard a great deal and it would do him no good to be caught now. The men had discussed a great treasure hidden some where under the city of Riverhewn. He dodged away from the bustling kitchen where he knew his mother and their supervisor fat, old Menna would be looking for him. The men had headed in the direction of the stables and with the cover of falling night Calan once again found himself clinging to a wooden beam and looking down upon the dirty stables. Although there was very little light he could see a pack and some other gear half-buried in the hay. There was also a glint of metal it looked like a grate, also half-buried. Was this the way that the men planned to enter into the catacombs under the city? Calan Stonebridge knew he had to find out......

Another long absence. I missed doing this sort of thing and am back at it again. I've decided to pick up where I left off with this "adventure hook series" following the adventures (or misadventures) of young Calan Stonebridge. These maps are set in the capital city of my Kingdom of Shendenflar Campaign setting. I am really enjoying getting back to mapping and to these style of maps specifically. I have always felt that a interesting encounter map can spark the imagination and that is my goal with these maps. This is about 75% complete I still have some lighting effects and some shadows to work on. As Always feedback is requested and appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Stables.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	3.68 MB 
ID:	46446
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

He lives! jtougas lives! Great to see you back in action JT.

Very nice stable map you've got there. Sounds like a fun scenario for a rouge.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hey hey, nice to see you again JT! And the map looks pretty darn cool too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    He lives! jtougas lives! Great to see you back in action JT.

Very nice stable map you've got there. Sounds like a fun scenario for a rouge.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks It's Great to be back !!

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Hey hey, nice to see you again JT! And the map looks pretty darn cool too
    Thanks Gidde !!

Finished Maps

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast