Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Cities

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Default Two Cities

TAKEN!

Subject :

This will be two maps of coastal cities. I have already developed an overland map and need help with the cities. If anyone is willing to assist that would be awesome.

This is the overland map :

I need a map of Camwyn (large port, capital of the nation of Camwyn)
    And Theria (large city with several districts and a port)

Picture the Camwyn somewhat like Venice with a large Senatorial palace near the land side of the city and a large temple dedicated to a God of light at the center of the town. The source for the canals all flows from the temple and all the main roads in town should lead to the temple. It

The city of Theria itself is divided into 'districts' and the only restricted access is given to the Evgenis district where the King's castle is located as well as the grounds of the college. The Emporos district is home to many middle and upper class merchants that are not actually of the nobility and the Astegos district is known for housing the poor. All of this is surrounded by a high wall, over sixty feet in height that was built with magic long ago when Drakewyld was ruled by one King and their wizards knew more then modern men could dream. The roughest part of town is the Varka district outside the wall against the sea. All sea trade with the elves and the wild lands north of the Drakewyld mountains comes through this port and the slave markets are here showing and selling newly captured slaves from the Northern Expanses. The Evgenis docks are well patrolled and guarded day and night and only nobles and their guests can even approach the great elven ships that trade with the Lords of Theria.

Style :

I am looking for a photo-realistic style map but beggars can't be choosers, anything that I can label to represent the various areas of the cities and use for our DnD game.

Quality :

I am looking for something that looks attractive for our DnD game but again, since I don't have any money for this project, the best you can do would be awesome!

I wont need to print copies, just display on the web.

600x600 is more then big enough.

Time :

We are looking to start our first session on the 19th but play wont start until the 4th of March.

Copyright :

The artist will maintain copyright, I only want to be able to reproduce it for causal gaming.

Contact Details :

angellus00
    at
    gmail
    com

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
    Last edited by angellus00; 02-21-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Updated Description of the cities :

Theria :

Theria is situated on the north bank of the South Wyld River along the coast of the Tharoset ocean on the far southwest tip of the Drakewyld peninsula. The city of Theria itself is divided into 'districts' and the only
    restricted access is given to the Evgenis district where the King's castle is located as well as the grounds of the college. This area has large open areas of fields cultivated as soft grass and open gardens and is above the docks with 'noble' only access to a southern section of the docks.

The Emporos district is home to many middle and upper class merchants that are not actually of the nobility and the Astegos district is known for housing the poor. The city's high walls surround all of this with the poorest and roughest district outside of the walls against the coast. The roughest part of town is the Varka, the docks district. This is where the poorest people live, deck hands when they aren't on ships, drunkards that really have no where else to go and so on. It is also where the slave pens and slave auctions are held as this is a slaver nation. The normal docks and the royal docks are divided with only access to the former being given to the 'nobles' and the area being patrolled, guarded, and free of hovels.

Camwyn (City of Lights) :

Camwyn is a lot like Vince, it is a city of rivers and canals. It is located on an island in the middle of the Wyn River. The Wyn is broad and deep and the current isn't very fast in this area. There are 4 great bridges from the central city to the shore, two to each side. At the foot of the bridges are small towns that grew over time when Camwyn Island became to full to house anymore people. The richest and nicest houses are near the center of the island with poorer houses along the outskirts and the bridges. The workshops, craftsmen and merchants living in the smaller towns at the foot of the bridges. Camwyn is also a port and ships dock at the southern dock where the Wyn river flows into the Cinder Sea.

At the far north west of town is the large temple of Lights dedicated to the cities patron God. There is a chalice at the center of the temple, which is higher then any other point in the rather flat city, where water constantly overflows in Holy profusion. The canals all flow out from this point towards the south and east and the Cinder Sea. The Wyn River flows south east around the city.

Just south of the great temple is the open air senatorial arena where the city law makers vote twice a year. This area has the only open land in all of Camwyn and there is a great open square between the senate complex and the temple.

Go for it Ravells. I'd love to give it a crack, but I just can't afford the time at present .

Deadlines and whatnot.

Ravells, sounds AWESOME. I'm for sure interested. My players are really excited about Theria and their first adventure might just be figuring out how to get there from Camwyn. Would love to talk more about this, answer any questions you have and so on. I should be able to PM soon, I think?

At 5 posts you're good to pee-em.

Still looking for someone to help with Camwyn. Might be able to pay a little something, like $25 or something. I've been trying to do it on my own but all my results have been ghastly.

Hey, angellus00, I've got a bit of free time. I'll try do it for free, I can always use the extra practice.

I've made a start on Thiera but still experimenting with some ideas. Here's a sort of WIP but it's really more like some semi-formed thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thiera_render_01.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	564.6 KB 
ID:	42310  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast