Thread: [WIP] The Realms of Lotringen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wip [WIP] The Realms of Lotringen

Ok well, I try to get some training so here is just a random started map. It begun as a test for my new Brushset and now I would like to use it to train to color a map. I have been a fan of the Color maps of Ascension and Roba for a while, so here comes my try. I also did though about doing a tutorial on how to handle custom brushes in PS to aquire a consistant Map with those brushes, and other who are alike.

It all started with some quick testing and putting together some chunks of Mountains. Than I decided in expanding them. One of the problems with brushes, instead of small graphics, is that you can just see the linework through the mountains. So if you dont let space, they overlap in a not so nice way. To present such, I put new mountains on another layer and than just erase the parts i dont use. The rest got added depending on the area. I choose different hillforms for different areas. i dont know if anyone see such details except myself. Totally used Brushed where about 120. Variations is important on these maps, so it will not looked cloned (Clone-Tree-Diseases) So I always create acertain Landscape element in 2-5 different sizes with 5-8 Versions each.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lotringen1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	41995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lotringen2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	41996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lotringen3.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	41997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lotringen4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	41998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lotringen5.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	41999