Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADAD: Ancient Land of Lore

Map ADAD: Ancient Land of Lore

Okay, gang...

Here's my first finished map I'm posting to the board. I was shooting for "old school" feel -- black & white complete with hexes. It is for a new retro fantasy rpg setting that I'm launching with my self-publishing small press effort, Rhinotaur.

When I decide to take it to Pathfinder or another more advanced system I'll have to hit up some of the talent here to whip up a more spiffy design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adad_1000x760_lowres.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	480.3 KB 
ID:	41799

Simple, but effective. Nothing that appears too unlikely in the geography, either. How big this area supposed to be, though? The size of Spain? Europe? Asia?

Lovely! You have a great pattern on the trees and mountains too, works very effectively. What software did you use for this?

That's a very cool, old school map. All of the symbols are very effective. Nicely done.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Best looking hex map I've seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Simple, but effective. Nothing that appears too unlikely in the geography, either. How big this area supposed to be, though? The size of Spain? Europe? Asia?
    Thanks, rdanhenry. Simple and effective is exactly what I was going for. So much, I wasn't too worried about the geography, but was shooting for something close to realistic. Each hex is 60 miles according to the scale on the map -- which would make it about 2,400 miles east to west by 1,400 miles north to south.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Lovely! You have a great pattern on the trees and mountains too, works very effectively. What software did you use for this?
    Appreciate it, Lukc. Worked on the tree and mountain designs for quite awhile until I found something to run with. Actually did this map on an older copy of Photoimpact. Some day I have to learn exactly how to use photoshop that I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    That's a very cool, old school map. All of the symbols are very effective. Nicely done.
    Thanks, cereth. "Old school" was the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdog15 View Post
    Best looking hex map I've seen in a long time.
    Would that be because I'm the only one still doing hex maps...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast