Thread: Old Member, Returning

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post Old Member, Returning

Hello, Robbie. Thanks for the email.

While I have been remiss in showing up except for those times when it seems to be the worst possible moment, here I go again.

I've been (virtually) acquainted with your fearless leader for over a decade (yes...all the way back to Fantaseum).

That, said...I come back to check in on the latest and greatest tips and tricks. Refining the design of an entire campaign planet (a less than humble world what most who've figuratively treaded it's landscape know as Kalam) over the last few years, I try to keep up with what I can (in budget...did somebody say "free?"). Fortunately, I've got nothing but time, since those who've been playing upon it have been focused on war, so they aren't getting out and about very much of late.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kalameer! Yes, this guy and I go WAY back. Kalameer was one of my staff members...the equivalent of a CL here...I figure a little info about Fantaseum is in order. My first foray into webmastering in the gaming world was a website called fantaseum.com which I still own the domain for. Fantaseum started out as a repository for D&D 2nd Edition Core Rules software add-ons...user generated content to be imported into the Core Rules database. Of course we also had other forms of user generated content, but we were big! Back then I wrote the software (CMS) that powered the site in ASP, to include a fully functional BBCode supporting forum. It was amazing. It was part of rpgplanet.com, and was very successful until Eric Noah popped in and stole all of my PR from rpgplanet. I don't blame him...he was more relevant anyways. Fantaseum moved around a bit until finally I just shut it down one day. I don't think I even have the files from it lying around anymore. I believe Fantaseum was the proud recipient of not 1, but THREE cease and desist letters from TSR. lol.

K, you definitely need to share some maps from Kalam. IIRC it was a HUGE world, with LOTS of detail.

Thanks for coming back...stay a while! We're all good peoples.
    Last edited by Robbie; 02-08-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Welcome back. I want to see what you have, I am certainly that is looks fantastic.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hey there - welcome back to the guild! I'd love to see this world - long running games breed excellent maps in my experience, as the players always need more and more detail.

Welcome back and I'll second Torstan's comments!

How exciting. Someone with a huge pile of maps that I haven't seen yet. Please do share some
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus090985 View Post
    Welcome back. I want to see what you have, I am certainly that is looks fantastic.
    Would love to...let me dig them up and see if I remembered to reduce them....they were 1 pixel per mile, and the world is "slightly" larger than our earth. They lack a lot of details, save where I've managed play within. Nothing spectacular, mind.

Blog Entries

I'm going to split this thread up into another thread in the proper subforum. This is no longer a "new member" thread.

Blog Entries

And I did it...and then tryign to make YOUR post the first post...I permanently deleted the thread entirely...So...with that in mind...could I trouble you to post a thread in the Regional/World Map forum with those same attachments? Hopefully the attachments are still in your album.

Sorry! I'm an idiot.

Okay, then...I thought I was going mental for a moment or two...yeah, I'll get right after that.