Thread: February 2012 Entry - Game of Life

Default February 2012 Entry - Game of Life

Here's mine so far (probably won't finish it) - thinking of text to go in the squares is taking ages. Haven't even got around to the map part yet! If I have time I'm hoping to bring it into a 3d program to make the little white houses, ramps and spinner from the original game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	life_render_01.jpg 
Views:	1618 
Size:	592.2 KB 
ID:	42091  

Great concept Ravs, and I really like what you have in the squares so far. I have a feeling that if this was a game on the market I would have bought it by now. I really hope you finish it.

Hehe, ravells, I was thinking about doing this game as well only with a different idea behind it. I don't know if I will get around to it and probably I won't have time so at least someone here is going to do this game. I always loved the 3d aspects of the board when i was a kid.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

It's funny, I was also thinking of this game. Thought it would be fun to do the buildings in Hexagon 2, or sketch-up. It's only the 8th, so hopefully you'll finish. It looks really cool.

Cheers, like Jax I really loved the 3d bits of the game when I was a kid too. It was like a little world - it didn't take much to please us in the '70s!

Bit more. Having fun doing the text but I'd really like to get onto the 'mappy' part of it.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	life_render_02.jpg 
Views:	1581 
Size:	840.6 KB 
ID:	42105  

Pop on your 3-D glasses and watch a movie?... it seems it takes even less to please us now. Sigh. Good looking entry so far. (ahhh... 70's)

*Chuckles* Skyrim basically stole my November of last year. I look back at what I "accomplished" that month and sigh. But hey what can I say I thoroughly enjoyed the game. So on some level I can completely relate.