Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J.B. Springs

Default J.B. Springs

This is my first real attempt on city mapping and it came out pretty good. It was just as much work as I expected, but fun. In the last days I was fiddling with various small details and then I just had to call it finished as I could have played with it endlessly.
    The hardest part was the houses (naturally), but on a good side I will be able to use them in the future projects.
    I decided to name almost solely the manmade features and only in general level as it’s quite busy already as it is. In case anyone wants to have a version without any labels, let me know.

EDIT: This is not a WIP anymore, but I just had to make a few changes based on latest comments on fields and the sea (I had been blind to few issues there). Attached a new version...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JBSprings.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	42142  
    Last edited by pasis; 02-10-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Guild Adept

I'm in love with this map. I will be looking to commission a city map in the next few months, if you take on projects I might have to look you up!

Awesome map! And the houses are, indeed, incredibliously detailed!

Blog Entries

The texture master strikes again. Although having said that, I'm not really feeling it too much with those fields. But the buildings are amazing. Great stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, did you pull those buildings from Google Maps or something? That's amazing! Buildings remind me of Prague. Very nice.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I think I hate you Pasis for being so god damn talented! This map is absolutely amazing in all its details. Really great job!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

I was so anxious to see this map completed. It's wonderfully detailed and a pleasure to explore. Excellent work !

I so wish I had these texture-fu powers. I really like this. My only critique is I think perhaps the water/sea should be a bit darker with less texture (to elaborate, this reminds me of looking at old cities like Florence and such via google maps and the water is always darker with less texture) but that is more a stylistic choice I think.
    Last edited by Larb; 02-09-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Very fine looking buildings indeed and another most excellent map from you. Thanks for sharing. I want to do a major city map but it's just so darn daunting all those little squares...*sigh* one of these days I'll bite it just to prove to myself how exhausting it will be.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast