Thread: Cartographer and Poet

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Cartographer and Poet

I have always loved maps. I created a map of a fantasy planet in 1986. I had an idea for a comprehensive, time-animated atlas of world history in 1994. I earned a MS in Geographic Information Science in 2008, and have worked as a Geospatial Analyst and now as a 3D Terrain Developer. I use ArcGIS to work with geospatial data, and I use TerraTools from TerraSim.com to generated 3D terrain that can be used in a video-game like environment with an avatar.

I am writing an epic poem in blank verse about world scientists, and frequently use Google Earth to map locations for events.

Guild Novice

We're not worthy!
    And to think, I could have mapped my way into GIS instead of mapping the wiring in IT. I do support an ArcGIS lab, but I don't get to play with their tools very often. And when I do, we always seem to be doing tests in cemeteries... which was cool the first time, but not as much the fourth...

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

3D mapping? I really want to see it! Welcome abord.

Awesome! And welcome to the guild. Look forward to learning something from you
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Welcome and that sounds like fascinating work! Can't wait to see some of your 3D!