Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elven Ruins dungeon tile set **work in progress**

Thanks Bogie. Nothing fancy...just a very quick play-around with layers, darkness/contrast, and your cut pieces from Ryder Hook's grid.

Good stuff Neyjor, your cracked tiles set is brilliant! Mind if I use that as a base to work off of?

Did you change any layer modes to get the moss "nearer" to the floor, rather than how mine was floating?

Oh, and what's Ryder Hook's grid? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks aaronil, glad you liked those! And yes, of course...use them as-is, mod them, or whatever you want.

This is how I altered your tiles/moss in PSP8. With the base tile, I changed the Brightness to -30 and contrast to 35. Then Shadow to 35, Midtone to 25, and Highlight to 15. Then laid the moss on top and changed the layer to Multiply with an Opacity of 60. Then the Blend Channel: Grey Channel to This Layer 38. Then duplicated the moss layer and changed it to Darken with an Opacity of 60. Then laid the grid pieces on top, with the layer set to Difference.

Ryder Hook did an awesome hand drawn grid/grout, and Bogie cut some of it up into very convenient 4x4 and 1x1 pieces. Here's the link to Bogie's downloads: Ryder Hook's Grid Template Covers. The link to the original grid is at the bottom of the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    Thanks aaronil, glad you liked those! And yes, of course...use them as-is, mod them, or whatever you want.

This is how I altered your tiles/moss in PSP8. With the base tile, I changed the Brightness to -30 and contrast to 35. Then Shadow to 35, Midtone to 25, and Highlight to 15. Then laid the moss on top and changed the layer to Multiply with an Opacity of 60. Then the Blend Channel: Grey Channel to This Layer 38. Then duplicated the moss layer and changed it to Darken with an Opacity of 60. Then laid the grid pieces on top, with the layer set to Difference.

Ryder Hook did an awesome hand drawn grid/grout, and Bogie cut some of it up into very convenient 4x4 and 1x1 pieces. Here's the link to Bogie's downloads: Ryder Hook's Grid Template Covers. The link to the original grid is at the bottom of the first post.
    Thanks! Bogie and Ryder Hook did some nice work, great to see how you all build on each others' projects!

Now I just have to figure out what the Blend Channel equivalent is in GIMP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aaronil View Post
    Thanks! Bogie and Ryder Hook did some nice work, great to see how you all build on each others' projects!

Now I just have to figure out what the Blend Channel equivalent is in GIMP
    Well I don't know for sure what "Blend Channel" is, but at a guess, Colours -> Components -> Channel Mixer

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    Well I don't know for sure what "Blend Channel" is, but at a guess, Colours -> Components -> Channel Mixer
    Yeah, thanks Hai-Etlik, I was thinking the same thing, but the "monochrome" option looked weird. I probably just need to fool around with it some more.

Btw I found an amazing image set by username Frost... http://fbrushes.com/transparent-vine-brushes/

Cool stock so much of it, in fact, that I got lost looking through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Cool stock so much of it, in fact, that I got lost looking through it.
    Yeah, I found out about FBrushes from a Wired article on the best sites for Photoshop brushes (which can be used with GIMP). Others included DeviantArt, Qbrushes, Brusheezy, Brush Portfolio, PSBrushes, Fractured Sanity, 500ml Brushes, GetBrushes, and MyPSLink.

I'm a bit torn on using all this work from others, but it seems like that's how it's done with CG art. I need to catch up with the times!

Here's my new base tiles using the tile set you posted Neyjour. Will be adding crawling vines and roots cracking tiles next.

This gets me thinking, I like it. Perhaps the texture is a bit to small for 5´ tiles because it feels more like a medium scale overland map of a jungle area. Opinions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast