Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amateur Worldbuilder

Default Amateur Worldbuilder

I first started thinking about worldbuilding around 2-2.5 years ago. When looking at maps for inspiration, I came across over this site. More than a year has passed since I registered. Today, I'm finally saying hi. Soon I hope to post a map and hopefully get some constructive criticism.

I'm from Norway, only been alive for two decades and currently going to school part-time to become a gardener. Other than messing about with worldbuilding, I enjoy playing games (I used to play D&D every now and again, but now I mostly play on the computer), reading and, of course, gardening (though I do have to admit that the garden looks like a mess. Hopefully I can change that now that I'm starting to get an income and knowledge about plants).

So far, Photoshop has been my software of choice. I've been using it for quite a few years now, so I know the basics. While I have only taken a quick look at NASA's G.Projector, it looks really handy. I'm looking forward to seeing what the current map of my world looks like in different projections, but I am having some issues with getting from my current interrupted sinusoidal to equirectangular. If anyone has any suggestions regarding that, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

In closing, I'd just like to say that this is a wonderful site and I've enjoyed lurking on it. Oh, I apologize for any incorrect use of the English language. Feel free to correct me.

PS: I forgot to actually say hi, didn't I? Greetings! Nice to meet all of you.

Hello neighbour and welcome to the guild!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Hehe. Thanks. Nice to know there is a fellow Scandinavian on the forum.

Welcome Asis and may I say, your English doesn't strike me as bad at all. Wait until you see me try and type in German

Thank you. I'm glad.

Not really fair to compare my English to your German though. I doubt you've been reading and writing German since you were a young teen and had a really annoying experience that made you decide that no matter what, you would definitely become fluent in German (for example being on vacation in Germany before you knew more than just the basic yes and no, and while at a plane museum run into the wing of a Lightning something something, travel to the hospital in an ambulance with only a German man and your eldest brother who refused to translate keeping you company. Yup, I really doubt that.)

By the way, very cute cat.

Yes, I wish it was my cat! I just keep it as an ironic joke, because I actually have a big black dog

Had a feeling it wasn't yours. I imagine your dog as this massive, skinny, kind of evil looking thing now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiba with bone.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	438.0 KB 
ID:	42202
    Tiba with some damn pig's bone she found in the woods. Better than the time she came carrying a whole skinned sheep's head.

massive yes. Skinny and evil looking, no, not really ... more like a huge, black, silly Scooby Doo (but without the cut ears). And yes, she does like her Scooby snacks too.

Almost looks like she's flying in that picture. But yeah, she's not really like the image I got in my head. She looks like a good pet. Loyal and friendly. Seems quite happy with that bone of hers as well. How old is Tiba?

I can't say I know what Scooby snacks are though. Is that just what you call them, or is there actually a real world dog snack called that?

I'm really glad my cat never brought anything like a sheep head home... Sounds like a rather uncomfortable experience.

heh, total hover dog...that does look odd.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast