Thread: Hey folks!

Default Hey folks!

I'm so glad I found this community. Going to be fun!

I've been a gamer for years, and over that time I've had fun building worlds and elaborate adventures for my friends. It started off with maps drawn on huge pieces of paper I borrowed from my dad (who always has the best paper for maps) and rectangular dungeons drawn on engineer's paper. And a bit of hackneyed flavor text added to round out the adventure.

It only ever took them half-an-hour to break the adventure.

Still, it was fun, and led me down a path of studying writing and graphic design. The perfect tools for crafting a good adventure and building a world.

Now that I (and my friends) are older, I feel like I have half a chance of building a campaign we can really play through. And it starts with a map. A cool map, too, with all the bells and whistles and made with the nifty bits of software I've accumulated for design. It's gotta look good.

Which led me here to the Cartographer's Guild. Sure, there are tutorials online, and some of them are really good, but I'm excited to have access to a community of people who, hopefully, can answer questions too. I'm looking forward to it!

-Steve

Greetings and welcome, we hope you'll enjoy it here