Thread: An interesting possiblity - art related not map as far as I know

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default An interesting possiblity - art related not map as far as I know

So there I am wrapping up a job today and conversing with the woman of the house and somehow it comes out that I'm a bit of an artist. No biggie right?

I get a phone call tonight from her husband asking if I could take a look at some big signs he wants modified/repainted for his backyard around the pool as well as provide input on an idea he has to paint? a couple dolphins (basically a mural on a concrete slab) on a portion of the patio and then seal it and whatever.

I'm thinking...well....I could probably do the signs but I'm not sure on the concrete. I do have friends who know about putting down stamped stone and staining but whoa. Personally I think I would go for a mosaic made of tile on the concrete if it was me but I haven't looked at what he's talking about yet.

So...I've never done anything like this before but it would certainly be different from my regular day to day thing. I'm a little boggled but I kind of want to do it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Ugh.. dolphins. Not that I have anything against them but its a little like having to paint unicorns. KItchy. I think mosaic tile would look a heck of alot better than a mural, but the trade off is the man hours involved for the tiles. I say go for it,
    and convince them to follow your artistic advice. Good luck in this endeavor.

Hehe, yeah I can think of a lot more interesting things to paint but who knows. At least I know how to do tile. Depending on how big of an area it is it may not take that long...well, once you get the tiles all in order. (hehe, sounds like famous last words though.)
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Turn the dolphins into a celtic knotwork pattern?

yes i'm trying to get you to drive yourself insane (though i could proably help design it if you were to take the suggestion seriously)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

You must be sick in the head, LOL. Although, it does give me an idea that tribal dolphins might be really cool looking! See, that's the power of brainstorming.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

celtic dolphins wouldn't be that hard, i've done a piece with 3 interlocking salmon, I would just do a variant on that shape.

But yeah, tribal would work too. Woohoo!!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."