Thread: Bryce and 3D maps working uses?

Default Bryce and 3D maps working uses?

Hi Guys

Not so much map orientated but how do people rate Bryce as a 3D software system and has anyone combined this to their normal 3D mapping in anyway?

Hi CPS, I am not a fan of Bryce because it is very slow and the software crashed regulary (it was one year ago, Bryce 7 pro). After round about 2 years DAZ even has not managed to update the manual from 6.3 to 7.xx. The UI is horrible but this is personal taste, I like a Windows oriented UI.
    Hope this helps, but there it is free this month, download it and make an opinion of your own.

I've been using Bryce for over 12 years and it is my favorite program. I love the abstract interface and its material editor although it drives some people crazy. One of the very first projects I started was a city but as the years go by I find that I want more and more detail and realism. I think Bryce would be good for making a village or town but I'm looking to do a capital city. DAZ 3D, the current owner of Bryce, has their work on Bryce 7.1 on hold for an indefinite amount of time, a fact which really frustrates Mac users and those of us who want the program to continue its evolution.
    I've tried Vue and DAZ Studio. I think Vue's results are mind-boggling but after trying several versions, the interface drove me crazy. Same with DAZ Studio. It really is a matter of taste though.