Thread: Talansar

Guild Novice

Map Talansar

Hi all. This will be my first finished map here. It's a map of the human kingdom of Talansar, which is the main setting for a LARP in the city where I live. It's where my love for the fantasy genre first came to life, and I've done a lot of work on this setting through the years. A few years back things changed and I stopped working on this setting and pretty much let it go, so being asked to do this map was very nostalgic for me. This is the second map of Talansar I've done - the first one being one of my very first digital maps and not that pretty. I'll include a link to that map as well.

I used photoshop and a bunch of really nice brushes to make this map. If you'd like to know which brushes I've used, check out the WIP thread. And just because I can't decide which version I like best, I'll link all 3 to you guys.

And just for fun here's the old map

(For full size maps go here]
    Last edited by CatLover; 02-22-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Guild Novice

I did read it. I know I posted here a bit fast after starting my WIP thread, but I had some days off and focused on creating the map (spent like 15 hours over 2 days on the map ). As my posts needed to be approved by a moderator, I gave up posting when I had updates, since no one would see them until I was further ahead. The map is at a point now, where I'm done. It has been approved and passed on the the ones who asked for it, so I decided to post it here, since it is finished.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I believe RobA was referring to this part of the posting rules:
    and MUST include an attached image of your map.
    Please include the final map as an attachment using the forum attachment manager rather than posting a link to an external site. Hope that clears it up - and nice job on a pretty map!

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I believe RobA was referring to this part of the posting rules:

Please include the final map as an attachment using the forum attachment manager rather than posting a link to an external site. Hope that clears it up - and nice job on a pretty map!
    Its what I was alluding to, but didn't want to be prescriptive. If an artist does not attach the map or provide a writeup, the map can NOT be considered as a choice map. I don't believe we would remove a post that did not meet either of these requirements.

-Rob A>

Guild Novice

Ah, that part had eluded me! I'll fix it right away (as soon as I figure out exactly how )

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Success! And here's some rep to go along with it.