Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild now supports MathJax notation

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info Guild now supports MathJax notation

Hai-Etlik made a great suggestion that we implement MathJax into the site for complicated mathematical notation to be presented with clarity. We've added this capability and it seems to work great. Here's an example of what this provides us with:

\[\sum^n_{k=1}k=\frac{n(n+1)}{2}\]

You can get more information at the MathJax website and see samples of LaTeX and MathML in action.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Yay, I have a new way to confuse people with complex technical stuff.

Awesome....I think
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hehe, waldronate, I guess I need mentoring then.

I'm not one of those who's afraid to learn from someone else. There was a time back in school where I was doing Physics and Geometry and used a lot of the scientific calculation symbols but even with 15 years as a developer in I.S. I never used much of it. I did pick up more accounting than I ever wanted to know though. Pfft did I ever mention that I hate accounting? Anyway, long story short, my brain is all rusted in those areas. As far as maps go, hey, I'm a fantasy mapper. I'm not against learning the real deal as it can only help me do a better job of selling the fantasy but I only have so much time for the fun stuff in my life and I can't burn too much of it worrying about how to land a ship on the moon.

Unless I catch the bug...if that happens... Oh no, best not to even think about it. I would start burning the candle at both ends gobbling up everything I can get my hands on. Yeesh, I hope that doesn't happen I have too many other things to do, LOL.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

I was joking about confusing people, sort of. I really do try to help people understand this stuff, It's just that I'm also aware that I'm not always successful, and that not everyone cares. I'm certainly not trying to intimidate anyone.

If you aren't trying to intimidate anyone, why is your avatar a planet-sized dragon?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

*insert short drum riff ending in cymbal clash here*

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

First of all I suppose I should say hello.

Hello hello!

I've dropped by this place from time to time, but I just had to respond to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I'm not against learning the real deal as it can only help me do a better job of selling the fantasy but I only have so much time for the fun stuff in my life and I can't burn too much of it worrying about how to land a ship on the moon.
    I honestly though you were talking about the Kerbal space program here, but after some reflection I figured you were not. Still, if you do end up wanting to worry about how to land a ship on the moon ... do check out the free demo.

Regards,
    Prognastic
    Last edited by Prognastik; 03-10-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Removing redundant details

Quote Originally Posted by Prognastik View Post
    ... Is this thread closed?

My previous post does not seem to have ... stuck.
    it was stuck in our overly zealous auto-moderation for new posters queue. I've deleted the duplicate.

-Rob A>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast