Why hello there, you are now reading an introduction!

I’ve been lurking around this site for a couple of months now and figured it was about time I step out of the shadows; which is to say, before someone thought I was a stalker and started shooting and or called the local authorities.

Anywho, My name is <Censored>, I am a nondescript developer at <Censored> working on <Censored>, and came across this lovely site right around the time I started the <VeryBigNumber>th revision of one of the continental maps in our project.

I’ve been making maps for about 15 years now off and on, and while I’ll admit I’ve come a long way, I’m not as good as half of the talented people here (Visual art is just not my strong suit sadly). Never-the-less, my work serves its purpose (internal reference material) for the time being.

It is our eventual hope at <Censored> to keep one or more fantasy cartographers on retainer. Assuming things work out in our favor, we will have a need for exponentially more non-terrible looking maps someday; while my work will suffice for the interim, it is very much not worth people’s money.

It is altogether likely I will one day be posting a request here at some completely unspecified point in the future, but until then, I just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone. I cannot say how happy I was to find an active community for something like this, it provides a very specific service that I almost thought I'd never find.

So… Keep up the good work everyone, and thanks for reading.

(Also, I’ll probably post a devmap when I find something non-sensitive enough.)