Thread: This is an Introduction

Default This is an Introduction

Why hello there, you are now reading an introduction!

I’ve been lurking around this site for a couple of months now and figured it was about time I step out of the shadows; which is to say, before someone thought I was a stalker and started shooting and or called the local authorities.

Anywho, My name is <Censored>, I am a nondescript developer at <Censored> working on <Censored>, and came across this lovely site right around the time I started the <VeryBigNumber>th revision of one of the continental maps in our project.

I’ve been making maps for about 15 years now off and on, and while I’ll admit I’ve come a long way, I’m not as good as half of the talented people here (Visual art is just not my strong suit sadly). Never-the-less, my work serves its purpose (internal reference material) for the time being.

It is our eventual hope at <Censored> to keep one or more fantasy cartographers on retainer. Assuming things work out in our favor, we will have a need for exponentially more non-terrible looking maps someday; while my work will suffice for the interim, it is very much not worth people’s money.

It is altogether likely I will one day be posting a request here at some completely unspecified point in the future, but until then, I just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone. I cannot say how happy I was to find an active community for something like this, it provides a very specific service that I almost thought I'd never find.

So… Keep up the good work everyone, and thanks for reading.

(Also, I’ll probably post a devmap when I find something non-sensitive enough.)

::: rubs his eyes ::: Ahh... there you are. I could see someone standing there in the shadows, but couldn't quite make out who it was.

Glad you decided to introduce yourself. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your work. I'm betting you're one of those guys who says their work isn't any good, but in reality they're masterpieces..aye?

Welcome to the Guild!

-Lailokken
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.