Thread: Greetings, Lords and Minions

Post Greetings, Lords and Minions

Why hello there!

First of all, I would like to give a short note that english is a foreign language to me, so please forgive any small screw-ups. Please do complain about big ones.

Now that thats settled, who am I?

I am a hobby artist, trying out as much as I can. Recently I have been going back to designing/making maps again. The internet in general has been a very helpfull ressource of tutorials. Currently I am working on a fantasy setting (or rather pnp) called 'The Shattered Kingdoms', which is what most of my maps are about. Working on the project only in my spare time and mostly on my own its a somewhat slow process, since I am not only making the maps, but pretty much everything else too.
    So in short; hobby artist with no real focus on a specific pinpoint, seeking to try out new things and to better his abilites.

I stumbled across this forum a while ago, picking up a few tips along the way, until I eventualy decided to join this merry bunch. I wish to learn more, and share some of my ideas as well, hoping that the forum can benefit me, as well as vice versa.

So, I'll be posting some things soon, hoping you will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.
    Now off with you! I'm sure your boss wouldn't appreciate you browsing shady forums during your work time!

Sincerely,
    Griph

Greetings Griph,

Your English is just fine, no worries. I'd love to learn more about 'The Shattered Kingdoms', do you have a site up or anything where I could learn more about it?

Welcome to the Cartographers' Guild!

-Lailokken
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.

Thanks for the welcome!
    To answer your question:
    Sadly no, not yet anyways. Althouhg once again it shows I should have one/make one (though I think I need to toughen up my skills a bit in order to do that ).
    Also, the project is still a huge WIP, but there already is quite a wall of text and a few maps in existance. I could offer to share what I have with you via Skype, if you have an account.
    Only problem is, I still need to make one post in order to be able to use the PM-System.
    Dropbox would probably be another option.

Cheers,
    Griph

Hello Griph!

Cant wait to see some material on 'The Shattered Kingdoms'.

Thank you too for the welcome!

I actually already postet a WIP of the Reginal Map of Aeril, part of the continent Alterika.
    Here is the link: Map of Aeril

Hope you enjoy it! I consider it close to done, however still a WIP.

Cheers,
    Griph

..yes. I love this little compass rose.

Whoa.. those maps are just awesome Griph. Well done!

I'm new to map making.. but I believe what the River Police are suggesting in that WIP thread is that your rivers should reach the coast if they are not already. I believe that would give them a better appearance of flowing downhill and emptying into the ocean.

-Lailokken
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.