Thread: [WIP] The Shattered Kingdoms - Aeril

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [WIP] The Shattered Kingdoms - Aeril

So, as foretold, here is the first map I created. Mainly with the use of Filters and very few basic textures. About two I think.
    Aeril (a land in the continent of Alterika) is what formed first, after the initial idea of the setting. I admit it was a lot of work whipping this map into shape, and I still wouldnt consider it done.
    Fancy thing is; this map is completely editable, sinc eit uses mostly filters. So now that the 'system' behind this map finally works, making changes is easy.
    I have to give credit to tutorials on yourube for the mountains, which I will dig up again later, when I post this as finished.

The hardest work however, was coming up with names and a history. I know this might not sound like much of an achievment, but the whole land and every city or village shown on this map already has its own little story, although they are too a WIP.

I hope you will enjoy these maps, I DO hope that youll ask questions, show interest, give critique...
    Because honestly, there is no better praise than people showing interest in what I did

ATTACHMENTS!

The basic map with all the important spots concerning Aeril.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shattered kingdoms map9.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	42376

And the 'strategic' map, showing political regions and outposts within this.. shattered kingdom. I did not pick the name for nothing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shattered kingdoms map_tactical.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	42378

I consider this map about 90% done, but wouldnt know what to add at the moment, and am currently occupied with the next - bigger - step.
    Last edited by Griph; 02-20-2012 at 04:23 PM.