Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Region 1][Map 08] Name to come

Try the command "wbs." CC3 will prompt you for two corners of your image. Once you click on the second corner, it will open the export dialogue. If I recall correctly, though, there is no option to set the resolution--it will use the resolution you last set for a normal export.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Try the command "wbs." CC3 will prompt you for two corners of your image. Once you click on the second corner, it will open the export dialogue. If I recall correctly, though, there is no option to set the resolution--it will use the resolution you last set for a normal export.
    Thanks for your answer. I did eventually find where to change the resolution of saved maps. When you set it to jpeg you have a button that says options. If you press that button before the save button. You get som options (quite obvious). I can't understan how I missed that before :-)

Heres the latest version of the map. Some more names and terrain added. In the far southwest I've also put in a wall, I'm calling it the plague wall. A way for my region to try to stop people from the south getting north, away from the plague. Don't know if it fits in to the overall story. What do you say? There is no name only the wall on the map. You can't miss it :-)

:-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fantasy5d.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	3094  

I think you should put some forts and settlements in near the southeast corner. That's a wide-open avenue of attack into what looks like good farmland. Someone's going to want to control that.

And have you been reading Robin Hobb? Shaman's Crossing is the name of the next book on my reading list.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I think you should put some forts and settlements in near the southeast corner. That's a wide-open avenue of attack into what looks like good farmland. Someone's going to want to control that.

And have you been reading Robin Hobb? Shaman's Crossing is the name of the next book on my reading list.
    Yeah I've read her books. They're really great....except for the soldier son trilogy (in which shamans crossing is one of the books), honestly I thought it was crap. But I like the name :-)

When it comes to the area called the green sea, which is an area of big grassy plains, it is controlled by different nomadic tribes. Travelling back and forth over the area. That is also where the shamans comes in as they are part of the tribes. Shamans crossing is a trading post for doing business with the different tribes. The name shamans crossing it has because it’s close to Shamans valley which probably is a holy religious place for the nomads. So the “unprotected” area down south east is actually part of a nomadic “kingdom”. Which means that it is quite well protected.

Info Eastside of your map is Sea of Qashya

Hey Clericon, just so you know, I named the large inland sea to the eastside of your mapped area, the Sea of Qashya - of course its large enough that someone on the other side might call it something different...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Yeah I've read her books. They're really great....except for the soldier son trilogy (in which shamans crossing is one of the books), honestly I thought it was crap.
    Well, that's a disappointment! I was really looking forward to that one, having really enjoyed the entire Farseer - Liveship - Tawny Man cycle.

So the “unprotected” area down south east is actually part of a nomadic “kingdom”. Which means that it is quite well protected.
    Nice. I'll definitely keep that in mind as I develop my northwest corner. Nomads would be a natural choice for severe discrimination, especially in a plague-ridden land. It just remains to come up with a reason why they'd continue coming close...

Anyway, your map looks really nice. Of course, I've been a fan of Fenlon for a long time, so it's only natural that I'd like a map based on his style!

OK so I'm pretty much done with my map. A loy of the names are still missing but the map itself is considered done. maybe a tree or two might jump in but nothing more. One of the areas I've added lately is the deadlands. An area where the land has died around an old city ruin. Rumores say that there is a great treasure under the city but so far no one has found it. At least no one that made it back.

The are is called "lake kingdoms" after the kingdoms that are situated around the lakes. I'm going to try to write down some of the thoughts I have of the area in a later post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake_kingdoms.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	3127  

I am so glad you added a scale on your last version. Now I can actually imagine the distances between places. For example, I imagine a trade caravan travelling from Littleport to Shaman's Crossing would take about 5 to 7 days. Perfect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12