Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your name submissions for the world here

Post Post your name submissions for the world here

Please post your official and final submissions for the name of the project world here. Please only one submission per member. You may wish to post a motivation for the name of one or two lines, but this will not appear in the poll.

I'll start the ball rolling: "Ansium" - Sounds ancient and classical and I'm against naming after individuals.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I personally think we should aim for a word that doesn't feel like it came from our modern languages. Something with a bit of a bite to it that makes you wonder 'well who the hell named it that'? The name 'Earth' must have come from some source, it spread through europe and became variants like Arth and Urde and eventually came back together once we again shared language.

My suggestion remains: Tarisch (Tah-Reesh)

though nothing says the various cultures couldn't have variant names. Tarith, Vareesk, Tolish, Dorich, etc.

Just something off the top of my head:

tak'Miore

Looks fantasy-ish, and there are no hits in Google. Not too hard to say either, at least not to me... but I guess that's not saying much.

-IG

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thra'Sil

I had to edit this because yet again, I didn't read the requirements and posted three suggestions.
    Last edited by Robbie; 04-14-2008 at 11:08 AM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Kinsymus

Nuthin' in google...

I remain @ Torquis.

What's the matter? I mean, how often do you, in everyday communication about our planet, use the terms earth or Terra, especially like you would any other name?

Not very often, I think, and that's why I think a little easter egg here is alright.

Ginnungagap
    Magical and creative power-filled space, which comes from the norse creation myth. It is the name for the space between Niflheim and Muspelheim.

I dislike seeing apostrophe's in fantasy names--it feels a little trite nowadays.

Selardar. A little bit of a nod to Tolkien, whose favourite English phrase was "cellar door."
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Apostrophes are okay for weird insectoid races and Klingons or perhaps some extinct race of ancients. If you can pronounce it don't use apostrophes.
    K'kkkt Bz'Zxt is not my suggestion.

My suggestion is Guildistan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast