Thread: Rep changes

Default Rep changes

First, this is not even a really important issue but I figured I may as well kick it out there since it niggled my brain for a small moment and clearly I don't have anything better to do, Haha.

I noticed recently the rep squares changed in that you no longer see the actual points accumulated. Instead you get some verbiage which doesn't mean much to me since we don't have a key for the sayings.

I was curious what happened for the points to disappear? Is it still there somewhere but I just don't know where to look? Maybe we wanted to do this so it wouldn't become a contest of some kind? (Although it does sort of show certain level of appreciation for what folks have done to contribute to the site so maybe that's not a horrible idea.....speaking of which I'm going to go on a rep spree and hit all the admins I have seen active these days because if anyone deserves a rep pat on the back it's them.)

I imagine this changed when the upgrades took place but I'm just slow to realize it

Thanks for reading this semi waste of time post
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I can see my total under settings, I have no idea about other people's totals.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it's on my list...haven't gotten around to that one yet...probably tomorrow...This weekend was busy because it was my birthday weekend, and today was just a busy workday. Thanks for the reminder!

Also, I rarely get rep...I'm the big ugly mean behind the scenes admin guy, RobA is the pretty face admin that gets all the rep. So thanks for that too!
    Last edited by Robbie; 02-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok, I added the rep value in parentheses after the description of the rep level in the tooltip. Is that how it was before?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That's how I remember it. You can cross that off the list as far as I'm concerned and I can finally get some sleep. LOL, kidding.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Apprentice

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had a rep question and this seemed like a good place to put it.

When giving rep, there is a little box where you can type in a message, I'm guessing as a way to let the person know why you repped them (I usually type something like "Hey, great map!" or "This tutorial was just what I needed.")

Having been pleasantly surprised to see a little green box appear under my name recently, and my own contributions to the forum still being somewhat meager, I started to wonder just where it came from. I was wondering if there was some way for a person to see the messages people gave them when the rep was awarded?

Blog Entries

At the top right of the page is a series of links for your account. If you click on the "Settings" link then it should take you to a page where you can see who exactly repped you and any message that they left.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Apprentice

Ah, that's where it was hiding! Thanks!