Thread: Inflamatory post? Maybe

Default Inflamatory post? Maybe

I just thought of this but it's possible somebody famous may have said it somewhere along the way. If not, it's mine.

Reality is for those who lack imagination to come up with something better.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Were you having a bad day when you posted that? Reality is totally awesome! Don't get me wrong, I look forward to the day I can plug a wire into my head and skip all this typing bs. Or better yet have a chip implanted that lets me think/type (btw I hate typing). When I think that my imagination could ever possibly overrun reality I think back to my first trip to the Museum of Natural History, and how alien some of the life forms on earth look or have looked. Imagination is reality waiting to be achieved. Saw a funny t-shirt online that pointed out that the cup is never 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it is always full, 1/2 air and 1/2 fluid.

Actually I think the seed came not so much from a bad day as from my inner response to comments about what is and what is not correct. Some folks just get too locked up in the "rules". The unrealistic dreams of today are the realities of tomorrow in so many cases. Someone who was unwilling to accept the status quo imagined something different and eventually that became the new reality. So if you love having everything nailed down tight, have fun with that, me, I'm going to let fly.

I like Thomas Edison's way of thinking:
    There are no rules here, we're just trying to accomplish something.
    Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.
    Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge....
    Also this one:
    It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word. -Jackson, Andrew
    So I love the crazy ideas because by kicking them around for a moment I come up with a ton of ideas myself. Allowing your mind to stretch out to a goofy idea might just land you in one of the best ideas you ever had. Don't let reality stop you.

Of course, that doesn't mean you should jump off a building...cuz well....gravity will probably kick your butt.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I think we were both on the same page as far as reality vs. imagination. I wasn't trying to say that reality is better than imagination. Reality, to me, is where imagination springs from. "In my dreams, I fly" (Astro City comic book) kind of sums it up. I still reach for a place where I am flying (like superman) when I'm having a hard time falling asleep. Reality, no, imagination of a future possibility, I sure hope so! I sincerely hope everyone uses their imagination to make dreams come true. It just seemed your original comment was a little down on the real world which I think is awesome. BTW if Andrew Jackson had spell check, he would have hated it.