Thread: The world of Hominia

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default The world of Hominia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinalCompressed.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	42433

It’s been a while since I posted any work, so here’s a piece I did for Noah Murphy for his book series K23 Detectives. You can check them out on Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G5YN98/) and in print (https://www.createspace.com/3711488).

It was an interesting challenge getting a black and white map to read clearly for the different Kindle formats - there are a couple of versions of this map with different labeling to take account of the different formats.

This is a commission so it's rights reserved.

Looks great for the constraints you had to work in, I can hardly imagine the difficulty of wrestling around with the formatting. Though maybe it's juvenile of me but I couldn't help but snicker when I noticed a city named Brocenback placed in the mountains.

Very nice! The pen strokes give it a very elegant style. I find the steppes and the mountains particularly effective.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Great job Torstan! I like the mountains and hills most. How did you find creating a kindle version to be?

On a side point, I'm a little stunned looking at the prices of the book. Kindle is like 2.99 and a paperback is 21.99? That's amazing. Lately it seems the kindle versions cost as much or more than the paper ones. So far as I can determine there is little rhyme or reason to how kindle books are priced.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Very nice example of a clean book map. Great job!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Brocenback Mountain, on the continent of Hominia? Intriguing, I look forward to the movie version! :p