Thread: Hail, All!

Default Hail, All!

Salutations.

I like to consider myself a gaming enthusiast, although I haven't purchased a game for my PC in years and the last console I owned was a Nintendo 64. That said, I occasionally purchase boardgames, avidly collect miniatures (particularly horror miniatures) and am tormented by the need to express my creativity in the form of participating in, creating, or refining games.

My current dilemma is that I am wanting to create at least one fantasy world from scratch, but can't find a sufficently good generator to accomplish the task. I was considering looking for one that generated tectonic plates and--using random Brownian motion--caused them to bumper-car into each other until mountains formed, volcanoes erupted, and certain pieces got wedged together. Sadly, I diverged from the path of programming too many years ago to hope to accomplish even a simple simulation of such events (let along Hadley cells, weather erosion, OR consequences of Ice Ages/meteorites!).

So, I'm likely to be stalking around and looking at what products the innovative minds of this forum have wrought. I appreciate the interests and abilities that have brought lots of folks here. I can only hope that what off-hand comments I offer will be useful to those more enterprising and capable members of this community.

Hail Anarxus!

My current dilemma is that I am wanting to create at least one fantasy world from scratch, but can't find a sufficently good generator to accomplish the task.
    I'm not sure how you feel about text-based interactive fiction games, but there is a great program that would let you build your world from scratch, and the program is fairly easy to use. You don't need to know any coding languages either. I believe you can add pictures and sounds as well. They have a great community that is very friendly and helpful. It's called ADRIFT.

http://www.adrift.org.uk/cgi/new/adrift.cgi

This toolkit will allow you to create rooms, items, etc. It may not be the type of world you were wanting to create, but at least it's an option.

Welcome to the Cartographers' Guild!

-Lailokken
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.