Thread: New to the Guild

Guild Novice

Default New to the Guild

Hello! I've been trying to work with a few programs to get a map off the ground but with many problems or issues I'm running into. I was searching for more software offerings, and found this site again. I figured, since I'm a lot more settled with getting this map done, I would join the community and try to take part and get a little "been there done that" moral support!

I hope to find some good information, and get inspired by all the great maps I've seen so far!

I go by SteamKat, SteamKitty etc..
    So that is me in an itty bitty nutshell.

Hello and welcome to the guild! I can guarantee that you find a lot of good information about mapping on the site
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Hi there! I'm new as well! Looking to get started on a few map projects myself!

Guild Novice

I am already putting one of the theories behind the non-destructive map tutorial to work! I come to a realization, that while I have done this years ago - it really hits the point of "Go into your project well prepared, and think ahead for the map as layers of types of textures you will need. I've worked a little with CC3 - and the foundation is there as well, I just continually ran into problems with it crashing, or not doing what I want and there is the added unfortunate that I cannot just grab out a portion of the map for more detailed work on another document. (OR I just don't know how). Though maps generated with it can come out very stunning.

I hope to share my progress.

Guild Novice

Very cool jkopel! We may have to keep tabs on each other lol.