Thread: Cartographer needed!

Map Cartographer needed!

Headless Hydra Games (a small press company that produces material for the Pathfinder RPG) is looking for a new cartographer to do a series of dungeon maps for various projects, like an upcoming adventure path that we are working on called Viridian Legacy and other smaller projects.

The maps that I am looking for should be fairly simple without a lot of details; greyscale with an old-school feel.

As a small press company, I can't pay a whole lot (probably somewhere around $30-50 for a half-page map, depending on the quality that you can deliver), but I am hoping to find someone that I can throw a lot of projects after over the next year. Also, I always pay before a project is published.

If you think you have what it takes, please drop me an email here; storyguide.axel@gmail.com, preferable with examples of your work.

Thanks in advance!

- Axel
    Last edited by RobA; 03-07-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Nighthawk's Avatar

Do you have examples of the types of maps you are looking for? True "old school" can be done in vector and doesn't require much artistic manipulation in terms of freehand drawing. Just want to see what you have in mind as far as what you want.

Thanks to everyone who has answered our call! It has been great seeing what you guys can do, the quality has been really high.

I've more or less found the one(s) that I want to work with, but I am always happy to take a look at your portfolios if you want to show me.

- Axel

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'd just like to jump in and add that Axel is a great guy to work with. I had a wonderful time working with Headless Hydra Games and I can recommend them without reservation.