Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 08] Name to come

Post [Region 1][Map 08] Name to come

OK so here's the map of region 8. I've used CC3 to do it (just couldnt resist the style from the january edition of the annuals). Well this is not the finished version. Now lets see what my neighbourghs say. Have I got everything correct? What do you guys think? Any changes needed in the "border" areas? All type of opinions are welcome

cheers :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nr8_3.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	531.1 KB 
ID:	2977  

Cool Clercon, I like the MERP type features. As your Southern neighbour may I ask what type of terrain the green ground cover symbolises. Not the forests but the flat green bit. I will need to incorporate it into my map.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Thanks Torq :-)

Well the green area is supposed to repressent a steppe area. A wide area of open ground, fertile soil and a lot of grass. Like the one you today have in ukrain. I'd probably remove the western green area and will only keep the one that goes down to you. If that type of area doesn't fit in to your region just tell me and I let it quit a bit further north.

And by the way the steppe is called "the green sea"
    Last edited by Clercon; 04-04-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Added the las sentence

OK so I decided to redo my map a bit. I realized I neede some more space. So I redid all theterrain in a smaller scale. Well you can look at the map and compare.

So what do you think...is this better or worse?

:-)

Name:	fantasy3.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	549.5 KB 
ID:	2995  

I like the grey mountains in the forest better, and I think recolored hills would look good, too. I think I preferred the larger scale tree symbols to the current version. I was really liking those clustered trees near the borders of the forest.

Did you break the neatline in the northeast corner deliberately? If so, you should see if you can't mask out the line beneath the mountains--it makes their transparency a little too obvious.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

OK so I've remade the forest three or four times now. but I think I now have something that looks good. I've also put in the major settlements around the lakes. Two major roads leads to neighbour mps. Are they OK? Do you want me to change them? Hopefulle they don't end up in the middle of a mountain :-)

OK here's the map.

Name:	fantasy5.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	399.6 KB 
ID:	3023  

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

CC3's forest fill has always been my least favorite part of the application...I wish instead of filling it with a close-knit obviously tiling tree graphic it would instead randomly draw trees closely packed in the space you specify. Thats really my biggest beef...I love the colors...desaturated colors are my favorite.

As for the forest, if you have the patience, I'd just place the trees yourself instead of using the forest fill.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Ok so here is the latest version of may map. Some rather big changes has been done. I've also put in some names, mostly for cities. Still some things to do but I'm starting to feel that I'm in the right direction here.

Still have to get a name for may region though....thinking...thinking....thinking....

Any comments are welcome.

Name:	fantasy5a.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	764.4 KB 
ID:	3054  

That's looking awesome Clercon, the only thing I can say is that some of the city names are a bit hard to read, but that could just be me

I love the levels each part of your map has, high barren hills to dirt covered ones, to grass covered ones.

Those city symbols, came with CC3 right?
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

Quote Originally Posted by Airith View Post
    That's looking awesome Clercon, the only thing I can say is that some of the city names are a bit hard to read, but that could just be me

I love the levels each part of your map has, high barren hills to dirt covered ones, to grass covered ones.

Those city symbols, came with CC3 right?
    Thanks for the nice words :-)

Yes they did, the city symbols came with the january edition of the annuals. The hole style is from that set. The names of the cities are more readable if I increase the zooming. But I don't know how to save that to a jpeg file from CC3. Can you do that? Any expertise around here that knows? All my maps are saved in the same scale. you get no choice at all. Probably its possible but I don't know how.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast