Thread: Ways to obtain copies of the maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Default Ways to obtain copies of the maps

Hi everyone, I am new to this site, I was looking around at all the great pieces of art that are in here and I was wondering what the proper way to obtain a copy of these map. The way I am meaning is having it printed on a fine quality paper and hung on the wall. What is the best way to go about this and do I need to ask the permission of the maker first?

I will add a "thanks for asking" as it shows your respect for the artist.

RobA is right. You will need to make 5 posts on the website here and then you can send Private Messages (PM) to other members. Also, if you click on the artist's name you can view their profile and they may have links to either email addresses or websites that they use.

Also, welcome to the site, you just found a very cool place if you ask me

Enjoy
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I will add a "thanks for asking" as it shows your respect for the artist.

RobA is right. You will need to make 5 posts on the website here and then you can send Private Messages (PM) to other members. Also, if you click on the artist's name you can view their profile and they may have links to either email addresses or websites that they use.

Also, welcome to the site, you just found a very cool place if you ask me

Enjoy
    Thank you very much, you have mostly answered my question. I was planning on asking the Maker if I could use the map. But I am also unsure of how I would have this image turned into a good quality map.

I also think is a pretty wicked site, I am feeling a little intimadated by the map being produced, but I just think this is such a cool thing to know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gandaf View Post
    Thank you very much, you have mostly answered my question. I was planning on asking the Maker if I could use the map. But I am also unsure of how I would have this image turned into a good quality map.

I also think is a pretty wicked site, I am feeling a little intimadated by the map being produced, but I just think this is such a cool thing to know.
    A local print shop or office supply store should be able to do this though large format colour printing is fairly expensive. Also, you'll need a sufficiently high resolution image which the artist may not have provided, or even created in the first place.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    A local print shop or office supply store should be able to do this though large format colour printing is fairly expensive. Also, you'll need a sufficiently high resolution image which the artist may not have provided, or even created in the first place.
    Thank you I will have to check that out once if I get permission.