Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Continent of Irshy

Waw, do I like those brushes! This may sound a bit noobish but is there a specific way so I can import these in photoshop?
    Thx for the response!

Vara

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Sorry it has been so long since last I updated. The real world has been keeping me busy, but I have found enough time to put city and nation names on the map. I've pinched the name components from a glossary of Scandinavian/Old Norse place name components, to keep consistency with the Norse inspired fiction of the setting.

Attached is the preview of the map at 50% zoom. Next will come the scale, legend, and compass rose. I don't think I'll be putting on a fancy border, as I don't want to distract from the map itself (which is the entire point of the venture).

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Irshy Continent Preview8.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	4.53 MB 
ID:	49566  

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Its alive!

My only critic is your Ocean color choice, it See it As a Lot distracting

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Its alive!

My only critic is your Ocean color choice, it See it As a Lot distracting
    What change would you suggest I make to make it less distracting?

Very nice map indeed. I agree the ocean colour is bit off-putting, but the map is darn good! Don't ask me what colour it should be, I've no idea!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

I think the contrast of things is great, and there's a good bit of detail in everything. Nice work!

Thanks for the compliments!

I've reduced the opacity of the ocean blue by 10% and it now matches the luminosity of the plains green, so it now fits well visually.

I've also begun work on the key and scale, which goes well so far. No need for an updated preview yet, as there's not enough change worth showing.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I only would put the oceans grey tones to multiply and reduce opacity by 30%

Default Continent of Aeviheim

So I've finished adding the key, scale, and compass rose. It's also worth noting that the continent has had its name changed to Aeviheim to fit with the rest of the norse place names and the fiction of the setting (which there is about 10,000 words written on so far, but that's another story).

The image, however, is rather large. Even the 50% scaled version is too big to upload to these forums. This map is, after all, meant to be printed out on an A1 piece of paper.

So, since I can't upload it here, I've uploaded the 50% scaled preview image to my own site for easy access. Let me know what you think, and if anything could be improved. If not, this will be the final version, and I'll post it in the completed maps section.
    Last edited by Tetrajak; 11-06-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345