Thread: [Region 1][Map 12] Beastlands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post [Region 1][Map 12] Beastlands

Here's my starting image. Need to start thinking about what to do with it. I'm thinking of perhaps making it quite sparsely populated by humans but with more 'beastlike' communities like Centaurs etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ravsworld copysmall.png 
Views:	268 
Size:	880.8 KB 
ID:	3000  

Hey Ravs. Really nice looking beginning. I just want point out that you've nipped a big portion of my area. That odd heart shaped island in on the East of the inland sea/lake is where I plan to put my major city (See my map of Region 13). Seeing as you have most of that water body in your area I was going to ask you what you want to call it, as I only have the most Easterly section.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Hey Torq,

Sorry! I should have mentioned, the overlap was intentional so I could start filling stuff in on my map that appeared on yours in the overlapping area to make it easier to seague our borders together!

From the history of your area, I figures that it would be fun for your population escaping the plague to have to run the gauntlet through some rough 'beast country' - give 'em some scope for adventuring! No idea on what to call the lake yet!

I'm slapping some forest down for the beasties to live in and considering some places for towns / small cities.

Edit: I've decided to call the lake - 'Lake Festus' - at least for now!

Name:	ravsforest.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	3004  

No problem. Just a need I have to stamp out rabid centaur expansionism wherever I see it. Nice name for the lake. Are the red dots settlements? Would there be any trade on the lake? Trying to find an economiac reason for my capital to be there, other than the fact that its the furthest West and therefore away from the plague.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Hi Torq, yes, the red dots are ideas for settlements, it might be nice having some trade routes over the lake (which is safer than braving the centaurs by travelling overland).

Still playing with the forest texture
    :Edit: Fiddling with colour values and a bump map.

Name:	ravsworld3.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	621.4 KB 
ID:	3005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ravsworld4.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	596.7 KB 
ID:	3006