Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Region 1][Map 06] The Thanelands of Skolvendun

Looks good. I like the separation between the regions. I'm not sure about the font though, but that's probably just me.

Another update to the Thanelands
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThaneLands.PNG 
Views:	160 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	3432  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Question NK - I need some culture on Skolvenduns

The Thanelands, is it more Anglo-Saxon or Norse Viking? Or Anglo-Saxon Vikings? Why I ask, is that I need a "viking" like culture to have built a trade town on the Sea of Qashya (Tyrborg). The Thanelands seems to be the only such culture northwest of my section that could supply such.

I was thinking in comparison to real world history, the Norweigian vikings settled Britain, France, Spain and the Mediterrainean, while the Swedes went east into Russia, then Constantinople. The settlers of Tyrborg are more like the Swedes in my thinking.

However, there shouldn't be any problem making this an Anglo-Saxon settlement.

I want to develope the culture at Tyrborg, but I don't want to overly influence any plans you had for your Skolvendun culture. If you'd allow, I would be more than happy to develope the culture and history of Skolvendun region - as it directly impacts areas of my region. What do you say, NK?
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-04-2008 at 02:34 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I view the Thanelands as your typical sorta of Romantic Norse/Saxon/Anglo era (think the movies Beowolf, Excalibur, and that sort of stuff). Small petty kingdoms with loose alliances, and such.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Sounds like England before the Romans came. With the "Danelaw", several "kingdoms" (rather fiefdoms...) and all that.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Post ah... Celts were in pre-Roman Britain

Ah, the Celts were in pre-Roman Britain, not the Norse/Anglo/Saxons, they came after Rome left. In fact NK's reference to Excalibur, that's Celtic too. The Norse/Saxons didn't come until invited by King Vortigern of the Celts, about 100 years after Rome left.

When I think of Saxons, I think of Beowulf, Siegfried, and the Norse Sagas...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

AHH, yes, my bad. My bad entirely. Sorry for screwing that up - being a student of English at my University, I shoulda 'ave know dat.
    I've always been bad at history, especially in that timespan.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12