Thread: Came here thanks to a project

Guild Novice

Default Came here thanks to a project

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to be part of this great community, and able to look into the whole stuff people have done so far.
    To refer to the title, I came here because I am part of a project with the game Minecraft. In fact some friends and I are working on making a RP/PvP oriented server with a medieval-fantasy univers. So far it's just very common! But as we are developing everything handmade (I mean mods, landscapes, rules off course, textures, and even musics) it's going to be awesome for some people, and just amazing for others (at least I hope so xD). And because we like nice and complete work, I was thinking of making different maps for this server:
    -A global map of the world
    -Some maps of the regions
    -Some maps of the most important cities.
    And what I see is that I have a LOT of work, even more because I'm new to map making (even though I already have few skills on photoshop).

Well I think that's all

Heya!

A Minecraft enthusiast..eh? Your project sounds like fun.

There are some great Photoshop tutorials in the "Tutorials/How-To" folder in the "Mapping Resources" section of the forum. If you get stuck or have questions just ask.. people here are generally very friendly, helpful, and will offer comments and constructive criticism, when asked.

Welcome to the Cartographers' Guild!

-Lailokken
    A man shows who he is, by what he does, with what he has.

Guild Novice

Thanks,

I guess I'm not the only Minecraft enthusiast here . And yeah, playing Minecraft is very cool, but creating a really structured server with a real content is more than cool, it's exciting.
    In fact, I've already read most of the tutorials here, and I can say that they are very helpful. And when I see some of the maps posted in the forum, it can only encourage me to continue in this way.