Thread: Greetings and a question about Thror's map from "The Hobbit".

Default Greetings and a question about Thror's map from "The Hobbit".

Hi all. New to this forum, but not new to replicating maps on old parchment. I have done a few maps from LoTRs and The Hobbit. Namely, Thror's map, wilderland and some others. I would love to replicate the map that looks to be featured in The Hobbit this December. It can be seen in the trailer near the end of the Dwarve's song and where Peter Jackson's name is credited. The mountain in this map is a bit hard to see so when I am drawing it, I know I am not getting the best example as the angle is off too.

Does anyone know where I would find a picture of this map this early on? I already have a map made from the one in Fellowship of the rings, but for some reason I like this representation of the lonely mountain the best yet. Thanks.

Nobody huh? Ok, guess I'll have to wait to the film is released or some merchandise coinciding with it's release becomes available.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'm afraid I haven't seen it (and missed your original post). If you do find one, please let me know. I'd love to get my hands on a copy!

And welcome to the Guild

Thanks,
    I made one up, but could only get a good idea of the Lonely Mountain from the trailer. I paused it and then set it to full screen. Hoping once the movie comes out, there will be a better representation.