Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventures in website running!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don's humility is the main reason we keep him around...Plus his english skills are pretty good.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

The number of requests (which I understand means the number of times that people click to and within our site) last month was 1,200,000. That's over a million clicks in a month! We've got about 350 active members, that means each of them clicking about 3,400 times a month which is 115 times a day! That doesn't sound right or am I missing something?

Blog Entries

A request is each time the server is hit by anyone...so when you load a page each image that has to be loaded is one request above and beyond the actual page request...However, a lot of times the images will only get loaded once per session or for some browsers/configurations once per cache clearing/flush/fill. So it all depends...Its not a hard and fast statistic of visits, but it does show increased activity.

I'm using google analytics for more tangible statistics...BUT...I don't have the google analytics blurb on EVERY page...only on core pages, and referring sites on the graph is kinda wrong because of the way it handles referrals (it treats a lot of inter-site traffic as referral traffic because of subdomains)

I'm attaching the pdf...You can see the top referrer is cartographersguild.com which means if you don't actually type in the www or forums or whatever, you're considered a referral when you finally get redirected to the right subdomain...no big deal.

The first point on the graph is 10 Oct 07, with today (8 Apr 0 being the most recent (which hasn't closed out yet so its all 0). These numbers reflect actual page visits...not server requests.

Hope this helps Though for some i tmight muddy it up more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Analytics_www.cartographersguild.com_20071010-20080408_(DashboardReport).pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Don's humility is the main reason we keep him around...Plus his english skills are pretty good.
    C'mon. Everyone knows that should be "pretty well", not "pretty good".

-Rob A?

Blog Entries

Pretty good analytics that aint it ? I like the bit that firefox is more than IE by a large factor. So thats all tosh that IE has 90% of the browser market then. That or its just mapping guys that know better

Blog Entries

What worries me about the firefox trend is that if so many of you are using firefox how come you didn't install it through the google firefox affiliation on the websites homepage...huh?

If yer one of those slacker IE types...now would be a good time to convert...BUT use the firefox google link on the homepage...thank me later

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

CrazyBrowswer FOREVER!!!

www.crazybrowser.com the original tabbed browser... well.. maybe not the original.. that might have been opera..

version 3 finally released this week...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12