Thread: Angenarg Maps. (My World)

Map Angenarg Maps. (My World)

Hey people! I finished (a while) a series of maps created by me in paint (Except for some tweaks in Photoshop)
    I still remain very many parts to expand and detail ... But I sincerely hope you enjoy them. Then I'll leave the map´s:
    __________________________________________________ _

Carbarath, halflings nation of traders and extremely decadent. The form is intentionally loosely based in Italy.
    FUll: http://h.imagehost.org/view/0446/Carbarath_full

Currath, remote island where they remain trapped powerful magicians Demonarcas imprisoned by many millennia ago in giant iron columns. Over the centuries, the island was gradually being provided with additional protections, which after the fall of the Empire of Sisgardia abandoned, leaving a vast network of ruins, walls, fortresses and underground maze filled with traps and magical shields. Some four centuries ago was colonized by cultists and pirates.
    Full: http://h.imagehost.org/view/0704/Currath

Eastern Thaenor, a map I made as a mini-setting for a campaign that does not amount to carry out. The similarity of the designs of some sites with old maps of Warhammer is totally unintentional. The background is simple: Many undead in the north, south Arabian-style theocracy, and underneath it all a strange being known as the Small World, which constantly shakes and is responsible for the earthquakes that hit the region all the time.
    Full: http://a.imagehost.org/view/0024/eastthaenor

A random map I put together a while back for modulo. To the right is a sea of sand in the center rests a mechanical strength capable of sinking in the desert (inspired by the castle of Figaro).
    Full: http://h.imagehost.org/view/0173/Mapa

And this was the map of the world as a whole. You will notice that most of the previous maps are actually enlarged sections of this map.
    Full: http://h.imagehost.org/view/0765/Full_map

Climate map of Angenarg
    Full: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2967/...imatico7uz.png

I hope that just like it. I have plans to continue making the map because as I said earlier I have not finished. If you want to contribute with any idea, no problem, we welcome all contributions.

*I open a file in Paint and shooting fast lines to get an idea of ​​what will be the form. Then throw red lines to mark the mountain formations, trying to make sense of geographical (eg, a ridge that ends at the shore should aim to create a peninsula, which in turn will go based on increasingly smaller islands).

*Drawing the continental margins and, depending on the proximity of islands and mountains, drawing the contours of progressively greater depths.

*Then come the mountains, take some more practice, but they are pretty fast to make, with" V "inverted irregular, depending on size, darkening between 1 / 3 and 1 / 4 on the left side, look for the Warhammer / Tolkien.

*Cities, forests and ultimately do all the symbolism the pixel by pixel in another file, something you can copy and paste on the map.

*Names are the only ones added by Photoshop, since Paint does not allow direct them otherwise (in addition to the fonts are quite ugly in Paint). But when I want to do a "zoom" to a party to make a more detailed map, take the section in question, the amplified in Photoshop and refining the edges, something that is as close as possible to the original. It works pretty well, actually.

The truth is that it is much faster and simpler than it sounds, it just requires a little practice. Photoshop is pretty good, but sometimes you have too much to what is needed.

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Hm, I was browsing the forums when I checked this thread. And to my surprise, I find all these maps that I drew several years ago being posted by someone else.

I know it really makes little effect to post it, considering the thread is almost a year-and-a-half old, but still thought I had to say something.

Seriously? Wow ... imagine that. I wonder what goes through someone's head to steal images for a single post ouvre ... :S

Really? I don't want to sound harsh or accuse you of anything but do you have any proof?

And the thread is almost a year old...not one and a half

On map-topic - I kind of like the old-school style of those maps. Just reminds me of very old maps from my teens
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

This is why I'm keen on watermarking my stuff and I'd advise people to do the same.

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Really? I don't want to sound harsh or accuse you of anything but do you have any proof?
    Aye, I can perfectly understand. Not sure if it helps, but I have the original files still stored in my computer, with their creation dates listed as far back as 2004, as well as the original, clean versions of several of them, as well as variations. Most of them used to be part of a setting I created for my early D&D 3.5 campaigns, called The Warlord's Tales.

I can upload them if necessary.

In fact, the very text in the post seems oddly familiar to stuff I wrote in a spanish-speaking forum some years ago. You can clearly see several translation errors all over the text, which makes me think someone ripped off the post itself, Google-Translated it and posted it here (though the world's name, "Angenarg", is not of my authorship).

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    This is why I'm keen on watermarking my stuff and I'd advise people to do the same.
    I think I will have to follow your advice.

@ Klaus - Heh, I'll never understand someone like this...what did that guy hope for? Ah well. You know, I'd be interested in seeing the original stuff and the background that you made up...so if you feel like sharing, you'll have at least one reader I'm an enthusiastic roleplayer myself and always interested in worlds that were made for rpg.

And i hope you'll not watermark all over the map ... because it kind of ruins the map (there are some gruesome examples on deviantart) if you want to mark your work as yours (which i perfectly understand), look how Diamond (for example) does it. He has kind of a personal stamp, mostly somewhere on the bottom right or left of his maps.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars