Thread: Mountain Valley

Guild Journeyer

Wip Mountain Valley

This map is for a campaign i am going to run that has the players trying to keep an ancient evil from awakening.

I know its trite but sometimes oldies are goodies.

I have not made any maps in a while due to life. I like the layout of this valley but I feel like something is missing. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valley.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	42650

Well, your top-left river fork looks like it runs up a mountain ridge, which is a no-no ... and from the large, flat area in the centre, I would guess some major faulting events followed by massive sedimentary deposits until the water found an exit. Which means you could easily have a residual lake in the central bottom area of the map. Lakes are always fun.

You can go sailing on a lake.

It actually looks very similar to the Rhine Rift. Meaning you could also have a nice bit of Volcanic Activity or a really big Aquifer, both of which could prove very, eventful, for any civilization that settles in this sort of area.

I second the Lake motion, you could even build it into the Aquifer, which could be really interesting for any sort of Mer based Civilization, you could give them a sort of Iceberg organization, tiny town on the surface, massive city underground.

Guild Journeyer

I have been busy but i liked the lake idea. I fixed the river by adding lakes. I think besides some fine tuning this is close to what I had envisioned with this map. Any comments or additional ideas people may have? Thanks.

Name:	valley rev2.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	43043

Name:	komment.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	307.2 KB 
ID:	43050

Just this one comment. Seriously, this one bothers me. Otherwise it's fine

Guild Journeyer

I see the problem That river is flowing in a valley. Underneath is green and the river is blocking the view. Thanks the labels are a wip but i agree they need more color. Thanks