Thread: City of Synae

Guild Apprentice

Map City of Synae

Thought some of you may be interested. This small city was done in CC2 some years ago for my worlds of Karnorthe/Arana campaigns. I may upgrade this in the near future as I review which parts of the old Karnorthe world I absorb into the new Arana one.

From the original background;
    Unusually amongst cities Synae was a "planned" city. The original settlement, dating back to when the area was part of Maladon was demolished and a completely new construction begun. The style is very similar to that found in the Morchainti Empire from which most of the cities inhabitants can trace their origins to.

Houses in Synae tend to be two to three stories high with stuccoed walls and shingled roofs. The harbour has been heavily modified and can hold a large number of vessels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	synae2.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	405.9 KB 
ID:	42013  
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.

It looks good already! I'm looking forward to your upgrade! Maybe the contrast would be enhanced if you use a color for the streets that is more distinct from the color of the houses.

Guild Apprentice

That is something to think about. Currently I am finishing a new map of the Duchy of Acsynae of which Synae is the capital.
    Incidently does anyone have any idea of the percentage of population which would have been in the military in an ancient society such as this which is moderately militaristic and has an army based on the Roman model?
    Happiness is knowing your mapping software won't crash partway through an operation.