Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for opinions and advice:

Arcana if you are looking for a really interesting read, and you can find them, try the Harry Turtledove World War Series. It is alternative history dealing with an Alien Invasian occuring around 1942 during the hieght of World War II.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Alrighty then, I've made some progress on the map with my experimentation.

I used a couple of the repeating textures in the land/sea fill texture thread (and I have given credit where credit was due). This time, an attachment!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elsweyr slight change.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	3055  
    Software used: Photoshop CS2, 3DSMax 8

Marvelous!

I see this work on it its way to become a splendid handout, treasure-map or maybe the ruler of Elsweyr posted this map on the wall of his office to depict his lands for him and his honored guests.

One thing I especially like is the way you have show the surrounding lands around Elsweyr, very nice!

//Anna

One thing I've been contemplating is exactly how to illustrate the desert. As it stands; I really like the color of the parchment layer as the base and I'm afraid of making it look a little absurd by using a different color/texture. However, this means that I need to properly illustrate the dunes in the western end that changes over to badlands the further east one travels. I have a suitable texture to use for the badlands so much that I'd be coloring in just areas where there would be cracked earth kind of like in old lake beds.

Could anyone recommend a decent method for creating sand dunes that would fit in with the current design scheme of the map? I'm slightly befuddled as how to go about this since this is really the first time I've had to illustrate a desert in this manner.

EDIT: oh, also I've updated the map based on closer inspection of the previously available maps made by Bethesda.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elsweyr slightly more lore adherent.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	344.9 KB 
ID:	3093  
    Last edited by Drukakis; 04-13-2008 at 05:16 PM.
    Software used: Photoshop CS2, 3DSMax 8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12